MacPro on Order, My Current Desktop Seems So Much Slower!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by astrostu, Jan 10, 2008.

1. astrostu macrumors 6502

I know my desktop is slow and old, but now it seems like it knows it's going to be replaced soon and it's trying to slow down more out of spite! In all seriousness (and I know it's just my perception), it seems as though this computer literally slowed down as of Tuesday morning, and even more so as of Wednesday morning when I placed the order.

Like, with a movie playing and a Safari window open, the computer hangs for several seconds before bringing up a new page with the spinning lollipop of death. Then I open up Mail and it lags for another few seconds before displaying anything. The next 40 days can't go by quick enough!

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this with their computer?

2. pscoble macrumors 6502

It happens to the best of us. Also why 40 days?! Apple isn't that slow :rolleyes:. Congratz on the new MP though.

3. astrostu thread starter macrumors 6502

40 days ... ship date is Singles' Awareness Day (Feb. 14) and delivery date is Feb. 20. It's January 10 so that's 40 days. :( Thanks for the congrats, though.

4. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

Mine ships in 39 days so I beat you by one day :) I know what you mean about the slowness of your current setup, but at least you have 1.5GB of RAM in both your systems! I have a 1.33GHz PB with only 768MB of RAM. it is really *explicit* slow!
    Cheers! Here's to our Mac Pros arriving before next month! :D

5. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

Although I've no intention of replacing it, my Woodcrest Mac Pro has been acting all passive aggressive towards me as well.

Must be fallout from the agitation over the dead-ending of graphics card updates.