MacPro overclocking issue (indirectly a Mass Effect 2 problem) SOLVED

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ravennl, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ravennl macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I Recently installed Windows 7 under Boot Camp to play some PC games.
    Now with Mass Effect 2 I have a common problem (audio during conversations is not lip-synced and cuts off last part) already solved for/by genuine PC users.

The solution involves turning all over-clocking options off in the Bios. Off course the MacPro does not have a Bios, so I was wondering if there's any automatic over-clocking going on, and how to get to it on the Windows 7 side..

Hope this makes sense.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/784008/1#1068153

System specs:
    Mac Pro Early 2008 dual quad-core running Windows 7 (64bit) using boot camp 3.1.
    EVGA Geforce 285 (mac edition) graphics card.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I don't have that problem.

Early mac pro 2008 Octo 2.8ghz
    12GB ram
    Windows 7 64bit
    HD4870

Seems that the only thing overtly different is our GPU hardware. I'm 7 hours into the game and not had any noticeable lip syncing issues.

Quick google and two other possible fixes

3. ravennl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the swift response.

It's interesting we have the same setup, apart from the GPU. I've come across many fora where the sync between the GPU, audio processor en CPU is deemed the main problem. Hence my search for any possible over-clocking goings-on in my mac pro.

I guess the fact that things run smooth audio-wise on you setup means my GPU (and it's interactions with the rest of the hardware) might be the cause.

I'll give the options you've suggested a go anyway.

4. ravennl thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved!

Yup, removing the config file did the trick... Thanks a bunch!