Macpro - Sound cards - Windows and mac OS

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by thevode, Apr 9, 2009.

1. thevode macrumors newbie

Hi!,

i'm new in this forum and I have a question.

I have a macpro, and I use the computer for work, but I have windows with one game. This game (shooter) had a eax sound and I have a headphones with optical sistem, 5.1, dolby... and all this things.

I would to knowm if the creative x-fi Fatal1ty Pro run in macpro, in mac Os and Windows. Really... I only need run in windows, but if run in mac Os... it'll be better.

I saw this sound card and... ASUS Xonar D2/PM... can I install any card in my macpro???, will it run in windows???.

Thanks and see you !

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

X-Fi Fatal1ty

1. Creative has never produced drivers for OS X, though they've promised them for a long time. Still vapor. :rolleyes: I don't expect this to change any time soon. :(

2. It's PCI 2.1, so you may not even have a slot that would work. (You didn't specify which MP you have).

The ASUS Xonar D2/PM:
    Is Windows ONLY, and is also PCI, same as the Creative card.
    Here's ASUS's PCIe models. Again, it would only work in Windows.

3. thevode thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

There's a few available, but most are meant for professional audio use (recording). They can get VERY expensive.

I was going by the models you listed, which I checked to verify that they're PCI rather than PCIe, which is what you're system requires.

That said, I did another quick look at Creative's site, and located these:
    PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series

Either of these can work under Windows only, so long as you have an open PCIe slot available. ;) :)

A search would reveal any others, as IIRC, ASUS did have one as well. A couple of others are likely available, so if you don't mind being stuck to Windows Only, it might be worth it to you. A few more options might produce something ideal for you (budget + use).

Hope this helps, and good luck. :D

5. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

LOL! Creative make the worst drivers in the world! I won't touch any of their products on Windows anymore and I would NEVER let a Creative product any where near my Mac!!! :mad:

6. thevode thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah!, thanks for all!.

The fatal1ty champion series is like the fatal1ty pro series, in specification I read "bus connection: PCI Express x1".

I saw that the sound cards for mac os are very espensive, so a prefer paying the half and only run in windows.