MacPro to HDTV (wireless transmitter question)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by coldwarx, Jul 14, 2009.

1. coldwarx macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I have a pretty good set up at home right now. But I want to improve a couple things with A/V connections and I was hoping for some advice...

I have my MacPro tower set up in my office. And I have a 46" HDTV in my living room with the PS3 and 360. I've tried a variety of options to get the "ultimate" media centre and so far I haven't been able to get it just right.

I want to display my mac pro ON my HDTV without having to move the computer into the living room. And I don't want to run any cables, so I want a wireless transmitter of some sort. I would like for it to stream HD vids with audio.

Also the internet connection is a little weak in my house. Right now I'm splitting a wireless signal with the people that live downstairs from my apartment. So I want to boost the internet signal, but I'm not sure what to get exactly for this. And i was hoping if there was a transmitter that could both stream the display of my macpro AND boost the WIFI.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this bad boy of an entertainment system run?

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

You can always just stream your media to your PS2 or Xbox to view on your HDTV.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Yeah, what he said. That would be the most cost-effective way.

As far as your wireless signal strength is concerned... Is the wireless router located in the neighbor's apartment or yours? If the router supports an external N-female antenna connector, you could use a larger antenna to boost broadcast signal strength.