MacPro vs new Macbook Pro I make a change? help!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by umbilical, Oct 16, 2008.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

hi guys, I need help with tech comments for resolve my situation and this is:

1. I have macpro 08, 2x2.8, 2gb ram, 512 video, 500gb.

so I love the machine, works great etc... I work in home, but in November I open a new office in the downtown of my country, so I need move every day for work in the office monday to friday, and I coming to my house in the nights and saturday and sundays all day. The problem is I dont want comming to my house and dont have mac beacuse the mac pro are in the office.

I buy the macpro beacuse I love the expansion 32gb, 4tb, and for strong and fast, for work without slow things etc... you know and for keep around 5 o 6 years adding more ram and more hds etc...

ok my question is apple release the new Macbook Pro, I love the idea of buy a macbook pro and the cinema display, for resolve my situation of the office vs house... how? I left the cinema in my office and connect the macbook pro and I work, in the night I disconnect my macbook pro and go to my home and use, the Saturdays and Sundays too, macbook pro in home! SO THAT RESOLVE MY PROBLEM! BUT!!!!!! MY BIG QUESTION IS:

Is a lot the diference between a mac pro that I have with the new macbook pro, if I buy the macbook pro Iam sure that buy with the more high processor with full ram, etc... and I change the macbook pro every time that apple release a new one model, not 5 or 6 years like I would thinking do with my macpro, beacuse the macbook pro dont have a lot expansion like mac pro, but if I make the change and sell my macpro for buy the cinema and macbook pro with full things 4gb ram 2.8 proccesor etc..... my question is if I loose power... when I work, I dont want buy a machine for feel a slow machine!

my work is web design, code etc... so I dont need work a lot with strong video but sometimes I edit video too...

any help? any tech guy that understand more the power of the 2 machines and teach me if I will do a change without problems, selling my macpro and buying a new macbook pro full and selling a buying a macbook pro every time that apple release a new one for keep for me the power that the tech offer at day.

thanks and sorry for my english I hope that you understand. ;)

[​IMG]

2. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

For web work and coding, you should have no problem with the Macbook Pro's speed. Seriously, it'll be more than enough for that kind of stuff. It can easily handle some video editing as well. I say go for it.

3. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I've been doing web design on a white 2Ghz Macbook for over a year now, and it was just fine with power to handle it. I upgraded to the MacPro for Aperture and lots of storage and RAM.

I think you'd be more than happy moving to the Macbook Pro + Cinema Display.

Your English was missing some things but overall you did terrific :) Having learned Japanese as a 2nd language I can appreciate the difficulty of trying to ask a hard question in a foreign language. Good job!

4. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

Iam curious about the macbook pro for resolve my close future situation with my office vs house, hehe seem a good solution but I dont! want miss the power of my macpro, I love it but I dont think that I feel if buy a macbook pro with 2.8 processor and 4gb of ram and change every year or 2 years for a new one...

little question: its a lot the difference between 2.5 and 2.8 processor of the new macbook pro?

thanks guys

5. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

I learn more english in this forum hehe ;)

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Not for what you're doing.:)

7. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

If anything, go with the slower processor and get more RAM.

8. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

is too a $300 more for 2.8 is a waste of money?

9. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

For what you'll be using it for, it just seems unnecessary.

10. indiochano macrumors regular

a macbook pro is perfect for everything except hardcore gaming, hardcore video editing, and hardcore 3d rendering.