Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

core606

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Hi, i got this Macbook pro 13' like 4 months ago. Corei7 2.9 Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz. And recently, since 2 weeks ago, the fan became loud, and heat up easily but the spin speed is normal as 2000rpm. I only use my macbook for like studying, surfing internet, nothing weird. So what's wrong with my macbook?
Thank you!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi, i got this Macbook pro 13' like 4 months ago. Corei7 2.9 Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz. And recently, since 2 weeks ago, the fan became loud, and heat up easily but the spin speed is normal as 2000rpm. I only use my macbook for like studying, surfing internet, nothing weird. So what's wrong with my macbook?
Thank you!!
Follow every step of the following instructions precisely. Do not skip any steps.
  1. Launch Activity Monitor
  2. Change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes"
  3. Click on the "% CPU" column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top).
    (If that column isn't visible, right-click on the column headings and check it, NOT "CPU Time")
  4. Click on the System Memory tab at the bottom.
  5. Take a screen shot of the entire Activity Monitor window, then scroll down to see the rest of the list, take another screen shot
  6. Post your screenshots.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
If you're browsing websites with Adobe Flash content, your computer is going to heat up and the fan will go nuts. I use click to flash to avoid this.

core606

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
k
Follow every step of the following instructions precisely. Do not skip any steps.
  1. Launch Activity Monitor
  2. Change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes"
  3. Click on the "% CPU" column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top).
    (If that column isn't visible, right-click on the column headings and check it, NOT "CPU Time")
  4. Click on the System Memory tab at the bottom.
  5. Take a screen shot of the entire Activity Monitor window, then scroll down to see the rest of the list, take another screen shot
  6. Post your screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 12.54.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 12.54.42 AM.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 12.55.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 12.55.57 AM.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 12.56.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 12.56.17 AM.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 86

core606

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
but why my fan is so loud? it just suddenly became noisy from 2 weeks ago, and I have no idea about that. Or i need to do a maintenance just for that fan? but this mac is brand new.

Your iStat temps are pretty low. Right now I've got Safari, itunes and Messages open and my "Heatsink B" temp is 60c. Yours is 39c.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
but why my fan is so loud? it just suddenly became noisy from 2 weeks ago, and I have no idea about that. Or i need to do a maintenance just for that fan? but this mac is brand new.

I'm not sure what is going on. Your iStat also shows the fan is spinning at about 2000RPM, which is the normal low speed. Maybe something was pulled into the fan and that is what is making the noise?

core606

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I'm not sure what is going on. Your iStat also shows the fan is spinning at about 2000RPM, which is the normal low speed. Maybe something was pulled into the fan and that is what is making the noise?

Maybe that is the problem, i'll go to apple store and have check. Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
There is nothing in your screen shots that point to increased demand on your system or high temps or fan speeds. As already stated, your fans are at the minimum speed and your temps are normal. You may want to change your iStat Pro preferences to included your CPU and GPU in your temp readings, as they are not visible. I agree you should have Apple inspect your computer to diagnose the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.