Macro hotkey software? ie. pressing 1key to do multiple tasks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Koobs123, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Koobs123 macrumors member

Seen this being used in gaming and im sure I will use it for other applications but for right now I just want to mess around with it in gaming. ie. starcraft 2

for example I have to press 1 (id preset that to my command centre) then s to build worker... Id like to be able to press keys that arent used in the game such as the F keys. So pressing F5 would actually press 1,S

or another example would be another preset id set in the game such as select worker (lets just say 2). then i would have to press "b" for build and "s" for supply depot. that is 3 keystrokes i would need to complete one thing.

so i would like F8 = 2,b,s

even sometimes double clicking a preset to put camera on a building or unit would be able to be done with one click so i can have 3 = 3,3 to eliminate those precious seconds in an RTS that one needs. I know for some that don't play starcraft or RTS games this might be confusing but I think I still put my point across.

I obviously would need the program to work in 3rd party applications.

They have special gaming keyboards that do this, and some that are actually starcraft specific but I was wondering if i can do this with some sort of software instead. I heard of some scripting software that can even write paragraphs for u with one click but Id rather have a nice software interface

thanks guys