Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've been searching all around, but I just cannot find an app that I am dying for.

I have an old X-Keys that is great, but not as customizable as I'd like. I thought for sure there would be an app on the iPad that could replace it.

An app where you can define buttons on the iPad (in pages, or sorted in whatever way), so that when you hit them, they run a command on the mac. This could be a keypress, a series of keypresses, a AppleScript, an Automator script, iTunes...whatever.

This is somewhat doable using TouchOSC and OSCulator, but as far as keyboard commands, OSCulator only supports a single keypress or key command, so I can't program one to type "Graphic" for instance, without going through some pain. This is an example from TouchOSC.
touchosc_se_555.jpg

Has anyone heard of an app that does this? If I knew how to code apps, I'd make this in a heartbeat, and then retire in the mountains...OK, maybe not.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Thanks for the link. Looked very promising, so I did buy it...but alas...it also only allows for a single keypress per button (or two with some complicated gesturing). I need the functionality of a full macro keyboard basically...so that it can type full words or key command sequences with one push. Still an interesting app nonetheless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.