Macromedia Shockwave Plug-In "Shockwave for Director" Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaskedPhantom, Jun 27, 2008.

1. MaskedPhantom macrumors regular

MaskedPhantom

Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a new low-end white MacBook. Everything seems to be working fine, with the exception of one issue. I use a program online called Habbo Hotel, which is basically a virtual chat room that uses isonomic animation to represent a virtual world. To display this world, Shockwave is used. The actual program client opens up in a new window, but when that window tries to load, an error message appears, saying,

"The page attempted to load an Internet plug-in named 'Shockwave for Director', but the plug-in failed to load successfully".

I have done all that I can think of to remedy this problem, but I am now at a stand still and am quite aggravated, seeing as I use this program everyday. Also, I do have Shockwave installed. If you can help me in any way, I will greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I am proud to be a Mac user, and a member of a wonderful forum such as this where everyone is very helpful. Hopefully this butters you up enough to help me. :D

2. MaskedPhantom thread starter macrumors regular

MaskedPhantom

I finally got it working. First, I uninstalled Shockwave and installed it again. Then, I enabled Safari to open up in Rosetta. I tried the game, and it works!

3. jdschiller1@cox macrumors newbie

Macromedia Shockwave Plug-In "Shockwave for Director" Not Working

Help. I have the same problem. Have uninstalled, reinstalled several times. reset "open with Rosetta" Had this problem when I first upgraded to 10.5 and noticed again when I installed security update 10.5.3 two days ago. I have an Intel core 2 2.16 g desktop.

"The page attempted to load an Internet plug-in named 'Shockwave for Director', but the plug-in failed to load successfully".

4. MaskedPhantom thread starter macrumors regular

MaskedPhantom

I'm sorry I did not check this thread sooner. Have you got it working yet?