Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erbster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Hi folks,

As a recent convert to the Mac, I am finding a few things incomprehensible.

I want to create macros in Powerpoint, but for some reason I am not able to to do it. The "create" button is greyed out in the macros window. In the tools...macro menu, there is no "record macro" option.

I have turned off the "enable macro virus protection" in the preferences panel. Is that right?

I have also saved my project as a macro-enabled pptx file and allowed macros when I re-opened it.

All the help stuff I can find assumes the macros are already enabled.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or am I going to have to put my lovely MBP away and slink back to my Windows laptop.... ;>

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Are you sure that you installed Visual Basic when you installed Office? I don't remember if it's option is enabled in the default installation.

erbster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Er, I think so. I can call up the Visual Basic Editor from the tools menu. I have created a new module and pasted in some code. Not sure if the code was working or not. I suppose I need to put the install disk back in to check if VB is installed.

//Edit//
Yes, VBA is installed. I can call up "record macro" in Word, but not in PP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.