MacRumors advertising SCIphone...wtf?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Prophet2271, May 29, 2011.

1. Prophet2271 macrumors newbie

Logged in this morning to check the latest goss and saw that one of the side adverts on the Front Page is for a Chineese fake iPhone. Whats the go with that?? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Macrumors does not control what advertisements appear on site. They subscribe to a ad agency and ads are pulled from a pool of ads.

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Intell is right, not that it isn't a little ironic. I've seen ads on MacRumors for Windows Mobile, etc and I always think it's kinda funny...

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you feel that ads are intrusive or inappropriate you can report them in the "Site and Forum Feedback" sub-forum. Just make sure to include a screen capture of the ad and the link that the ad directs to.

5. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I think that phone looks better than the iPhone 4.

The tilted home button is definitely a plus.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Many sites and forums do this. Google does not let you handpick. I have seen sites that are covered with adds for paid jailbreaks and unlocks that I know 100% they are against. this forum and other sites have to cover the cost of running them somehow.

7. wovel macrumors 68000

They absolutely do let you exclude sites based on where they link to.

It is an Adsene Ad and Macrumors (or any adsense customer) can (and should) exclude advertisers by domain. The Ad is still showing today, it is ridiculous.

All they have to do is get the actual domain the ad goes to and add it to the competitive ad filter. I did not notice an affiliate service so just excluding http://www.tradetang.com/ should do the trick.

sciphone.png