MacRumors and vBulletin

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ercanbas, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ercanbas macrumors regular

Hello,

So I want to build a forum site and am really fond of the layout of MacRumors. I am aware that Arn uses vBulletin Advanced on top of the vBulletin software. Is there any other software out there he may use or is it strictly with vBulletin?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I'm not in any way knowledgable about how the site is built but I don't think the front end is vbulletin. It looks to be an in house creation, hence the only semi-good comment integration.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We use just the plain vanilla vBulletin forum software with a couple of minor hacks. Just about everything other than the forums is home-grown code.

Edit: There's the Wiki stuff for the Guides, and that's obviously not home-grown either. :)

4. ercanbas thread starter macrumors regular

I just cancelled my godaddy hosting account because I heard vBulletin and godaddy don't play well. What is a good hosting site? As you can tell I am kind of new to this. Who hosts MacRumors? Thanks to -Ryan- and WildCowboy so far for your advice.