macrumors.com has been "disallowed" at work

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by meatballs, Aug 15, 2010.

1. meatballs macrumors 6502

How about that, I can still visit the forums though :D Anyone else not allowed to visit the main site from work computers?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Are there many Macs at your work place? Or are you the only one and visited MR that much, that they decided to block it?

Where I work, every webpage is accessible, but at my other irregular workplace, they got some filter for some video sites I seem to remember, the access to the internet is even restricted to stationary PCs via the company's intranet.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Where I work they block www.macrumors, but forums. and spy. still work.
    We have a very lame IT dept. fortunately...

4. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Our cash registers are Windows XP so when business is slow, I jump on the Forum Spy (when IE6 wants to display things correctly, of course). No site is blocked, not even the p0rn.

5. meatballs thread starter macrumors 6502

We have PCs and I rarely visit the MR main site, just the forums. But why just the main site and not the forums? Malware?

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

At one of my previous employers they blocked submitting to forums (not just MR), but I could at least browse them. The web filters were always changing though and sometimes couldn't get to them. My current employer blocks a number of blogs unfortunately, sometimes they're even work related, which is very frustrating.

7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

if they ever blocked MR at my school i would need a word with the IT dept. But lucky i could pitch to them that it is an educational resource* because I am in the computers shop :)

*It is

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I can't view this site on my computer at work either, but I can from the WAP site on my iPhone 4.