MacRumors.com iPhone Optimised Site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulobrad, Dec 19, 2007.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

www.paulbradders.co.uk/mac

I've knocked together a little MacRumors optimised site that parses the XML from the RSS feeds.

Yes, I know you could just view the RSS page directly but you get the nice iPhone sliding interface and it's slightly friendlier than going through a 3rd party that stores your RSS feeds.

Might try and get it listed on the Apple directory but get a feeling their not going to want to promote MacRumors.com

Let me know what you think - isn't perfect but nicer than loading the full macrumors.com on the phone I think.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

nice effort, but...

1. there is already a macrumors mobile site (mobile.macrumors.com), including forums, that works great on the iphone.
    2. macrumors is copyrighted/owned by arnold kim. did you get his permission to do this?

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not cool dude. While I'm sure you intentions were good, traffic is what supports this site. Siphoning traffic to your feed will hurt MacRumors.

Arn, sic Apple Legal on his ass. :D

5. Project macrumors 68020

Huh? It sends traffic back to Mac Rumors. This is no different to an RSS reader for instance. If he was running ads against this then fair enough, but there are none.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah what every one else said. Mobile Macrumors works well on my iPhone...why another site to visit?

7. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

I like his version of the mobile site.

Instead of telling him that his site is worthless, maybe some of you should consider thanking him for taking the time to make a site that is more iphone app looking.

Thank you.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk