MacRumors.com problems since Safari 5

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by GGJstudios, Jun 8, 2010.

1. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know if this is related to Safari 5, or just site problems. After scanning most of the threads on Safari 5, I haven't found this issue:

The forums work fine, but If I go to www.macrumors.com, either the site won't load at all, or takes more than 30 seconds to load. When it finally does load, it looks like this:
    Picture 573.jpg
    Safari 5, ad-blockers and ClicktoFlash turned off. Safari reset twice. Any ideas?

Edit: Naturally, as soon as I posted this, it went back to normal. :rolleyes:

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I had this problem just five minutes ago. Now...nothing to see here folks, move along.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Works fine for me. Have you tried other browser? (I assume you have as you're not the regular newbie who asks this :D)

4. GGJstudios thread starter macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's why I posted, since it appeared to only relate to Safari 5. It was like that for 30+ minutes before I posted.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

"Turn off your wifi!"

MR seems to be a bit off today- earlier I couldn't get any of the images to load and Spy was crawling. Seems to be ok now, though...

6. celticpride678

I'm guessing the server load is really high now with WWDC 2010 announcements.

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I've been having a lot of problems lately getting images to load, including the images representing "post" and "reply" buttons (for a while there I thought I was banned!)

8. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I've had the exact same problem with a few websites, such as Huffington Post.