MacRumor's Crib's Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
2,265
0
Clayj, your room has a real modern art vibe to it... :rolleyes:

Oh, and nice plasma... :D
 

Nermal

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
18,681
1,183
New Zealand
grapes911 said:
One of the best things I've seen in a while, but what about "Pic's"?
Didn't notice Pic's. Mainly I was just fixing the title (MacRumor's Crib's), so that it doesn't look horrible in the thread list :rolleyes:
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
mojohanna said:
I can't imagine that you have kids around that house. And if so, I am sending you mine for behavior modification!!!!
Nope, no kids, no pets. :)

The ironic part is that I used to be a vitreophobe... fear of glass (specifically, breaking of, stemming from a childhood incident in a London department store). I still can't go into the Waterford crystal section of the local department stores...
 

iSaint

macrumors 603
clayj said:
Nope, no kids, no pets. :)

The ironic part is that I used to be a vitreophobe... fear of glass (specifically, breaking of, stemming from a childhood incident in a London department store). I still can't go into the Waterford crystal section of the local department stores...
Yeah I was about to make the kids joke/reference. I do like your taste in art and glass. Do you buy from shows? ...or just when it hits you and you see something?
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
16,724
1,029
Wow, clayj...the lounges in the lab building I work in have the exact same chairs/couches you have...
 

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
345
0
Bezerkeley
Damn, Clay... fantastic colors around your pad. I'm really enjoying the curved glass sculpture isolated between (framed by?) the two windows (and rooms apparently).
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,570
0
I really like the look of natural wood WeeShoo. So I'm impressed by the look of your room. A very neat and tidy room. ;)

Impressed by your residence also clayj. Nice looking natural wood floors. Ultra modern looking. Looks spotless, nice job. Quite an impressive art collection. My wife and I collect art also. A lot of it directly from the artist.
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
iSaint said:
Yeah I was about to make the kids joke/reference. I do like your taste in art and glass. Do you buy from shows? ...or just when it hits you and you see something?
Mostly from art galleries. Check out my web site for more details.

WildCowboy said:
Wow, clayj...the lounges in the lab building I work in have the exact same chairs/couches you have...
Yup, Le Corbusier chairs and sofas... they're a very classic look. Not too comfortable, but I was shooting for a particular look.

Orlando Furioso said:
Damn, Clay... fantastic colors around your pad. I'm really enjoying the curved glass sculpture isolated between (framed by?) the two windows (and rooms apparently).
Thanks. You can see more about that sculpture here... the artist who made it, Harvey Littleton, is the father of the American studio glass movement (he was Chihuly's mentor way back when).

Deefuzz said:
That is a damned fine domicile you have there clayj...very VERY nice! :D
Thank you very much!

wdlove said:
Impressed by your residence also clayj. Nice looking natural wood floors. Ultra modern looking. Looks spotless, nice job. Quite an impressive art collection. My wife and I collect art also. A lot of it directly from the artist.
Thanks. I decorated it myself, with no help from anyone else (except my Mom chose my dining room chairs... I wasn't sure they'd work, but they do, very nicely).
 

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
9,170
2
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
Oh man. That chuckie doll is scary. I would cry myself to sleep every night if I had that thing in my house.

It probably comes alive at night! I'd be dead, and my PowerBook would have windows installed on it or something equally horrible!! Ahhh!
 

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
5,125
2
North Carolina
Hey, Clay --

I wonder if you've ever heard of my old friend from high school Greg Owen. I just heard that he's some kind of swankified glass artist because of our 20th reunion coming up and I wanted to know just how swankified he really is.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.