MacRumors Exclusive: Upgrade Your Desk Setup With Discounts on Twelve South's Mac and iPhone Accessories

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following our Spring Break partnership with Twelve South a few months back, MacRumors is again collaborating with the well-known accessory maker, this time in celebration of developers and Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference. The exclusive sale includes 20 percent discounts on Twelve South accessories like the BackPack and Curve, which can be helpful additions to the workflow of developers, and anyone who works on a Mac all day.

[​IMG]

The promo code MacRumorsSetups is live beginning today, June 6, and will be available to use on TwelveSouth.com through Friday, June 15, offering 20 percent discounts on five items during this week-and-a-half timeframe. MacRumors readers around the globe will be able to enter the code and take advantage of the discounts, but shipping costs will vary by regions. For United States residents, Twelve South offers free FedEx Smart Post on all orders (5-10 days estimate), and if your order exceeds $95 you'll gain free 2-day shipping.

The products below can be purchased individually or in groups, and the 20 percent discount will be taken off from the total of the order, excluding shipping and taxes. Of course, while this sale is themed around developers and WWDC, any of our readers interested can take advantage of the exclusive promo code, so be sure to check out the full list of Twelve South products on sale below:

BookArc
    [​IMG]

Promo Price: $39.99, down from $49.99
    Colors: Silver and Space Grey
    Compatible Products: MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3/USB-C (13-inch and 15-inch), MacBook Pro with Retina Display (13-inch and 15-inch), MacBook (12-inch), MacBook Air (11-inch and 13-inch)
    Description: BookArc cradles compatible MacBooks (using swappable silicone inserts) so you can clear up desk space and display your MacBook, while still running a connection from the computer to an external display if desired.

BackPack
    [​IMG]

Promo Price: $27.99, down from $34.99
    Colors: Silver and Black
    Compatible Products: 21.5-inch iMac (Late 2009 - Current), 27-inch iMac (Late 2009 - Current), 27-inch Thunderbolt Display/LED Cinema Display, Legacy iMac/Displays may be available through Twelve South support.
    Description: Another solution for desk clutter, BackPack hangs on your iMac using two adjustable, non-scratching clips to hide hard drives and USB peripherals, or display memorabilia, action figures, flowers, and more. Up to three BackPacks can be attached to one iMac.

Curve
    [​IMG]

Promo Price: $39.99, down from $49.99
    Colors: Black
    Compatible Products: MacBook Pro (13-inch and 15-inch), MacBook (12-inch), MacBook Air (11-inch and 13-inch)
    Description: Curve is an aluminum stand that elevates your MacBook 6.5 inches into the air and reduces neck strain when working for extended periods of time, particularly when paired when a Bluetooth keyboard.

[​IMG]
    HiRise 2
    Promo Price: Non-Deluxe for $31.99, down from $39.99; Deluxe for $47.99, down from $59.99
    Colors: Silver, Black, White
    Compatible Products: Lightning-enabled iPhones, iPads, and accessories like Siri Remote
    Description: HiRise 2 allows you to charge and display your iPhone or iPad, with a perfect angle for FaceTime calls or browsing apps like Apple Music. The HiRise 2 Deluxe includes both a Lightning cable and a Micro-USB cable so you can charge even more devices.

BookBook Vol. 2
    [​IMG]

Promo Price: $63.99, down from $79.99
    Colors: Brown leather
    Compatible Products: 12-inch MacBook (2015-Current), 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro (Late 2016-Current)
    Description: For working on the go, BookBook Vol. 2 was created exclusively with Apple's USB-C enabled MacBooks in mind. The combination case and sleeve protects the MacBook with genuine leather in a vintage book design, and also sports an interior hidden pocket for storing documents.

Head over to our Deals Roundup for even more of the latest offers happening this week, and remember to use the exclusive Twelve South promo code before it expires on June 15.

Article Link: MacRumors Exclusive: Upgrade Your Desk Setup With Discounts on Twelve South's Mac and iPhone Accessories

2. trusso macrumors 6502

Overpriced luxury items that no one needs, but we're trained to want.

When will people learn? :rolleyes:

3. shareef777 Suspended

shareef777

Knock off another 50% and it would be an ok deal.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Thanks MacRumors! I just ordered a Matte Black BackPack for my iMac Pro. I plan on storing my CFast reader and CF Reader on it. This should really help clean up my workspace.

Thanks again!

5. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    You're asking Apple people... people who will set a clock to get up at 3am trying to be "first"? People who would historically camp out for upwards of many hours or days so they can be among the first to buy something that is only slightly faster or slightly upgraded from almost the exact same thing they already own? ;)

6. trusso macrumors 6502

I guess I'm still holding on to an outdated definition of "Apple people." Twenty years ago, it was something of a trope that Macintosh users were, on average, more educated than their Windows PC counterparts (ergo, they might not be so easily led). Apple wasn't high fashion, it was functional. I keep forgetting that's no longer the case. :rolleyes:

7. HobeSoundDarryl, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018

HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

I get that, but the so-called "Apple Tax" has been around for at least 18 of those 20, and Apple seems to have always had the reputation of being "expensive" even long before that.

Apple people typically lay out the cash. Some rationalize it... some gripe about it... but in the immortal words of Cher: "every night all the men would come around... and lay the money down." Now, it can be early, EARLY AM instead of night... and women set their early AM alarms too.

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I’m not sure why some of you are hating on the cost of Apple and Twelve South products. Twelve South makes really well-designed and high quality accessories. That comes at a cost and one that many of us are willing to pay. If its not for you, that’s cool, just move on to something that fits your own needs....but there’s no reason to hate.

9. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

It's not "hating" when consumers make comments that are anything else but "rah, rah." Most of us own lots of Apple stuff- that's why we're here. I happen to own LOTS of Apple stuff and Twelve South stuff too. Both companies DO make great products. BUT, that doesn't mean we can't joke about the money we spend on it... and the trouble we'll go through to spend that money.

10. fairuz macrumors 68000

fairuz

The leaders of the tech industry in Silicon Valley and SF all use Macs because they're the best for work.

11. az431 Suspended

az431

Because you’ve conducted surveys or have other data that you used to reach that conclusion? Or just a hunch from everyday interactions with .0000005% of all Apple users.

12. makingdots macrumors 6502

Sure there are Apple people like that but generalizing everyone who buys Apple products like that?
    *shakes head* Grow up kiddo!

13. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

I’d get the backpack for the 27” imac but since the lcd on it broke and there is a $50 monitor sitting in front of the imac, it’s probably moot. So much for quality when your 2 year old $1800 imac poops out...

14. bmunge macrumors 6502

The arc and the backpack look like nice additions for tidying up your workspace. I use a MBP but if I had an iMac I'd definitely want those. For me personally, it's pleasant to keep the work area as minimalist as possible.

15. jellyjeff macrumors newbie

Surprising how useful the Arc actually is. Apart from preventing you from putting your laptop flat down when not in use and inevitably putting things on top of it - books, paper, drinks, kids...it also makes it easier to pick the laptop up

16. T Coma macrumors 6502

T Coma

IMG_2141.JPG Another hidden peripheral holder, $2.49 at Harbor Freight. And I think that was for a pack of 5.

17. jellyjeff macrumors newbie

A computer able to run most of the programs people need. Might need a new CD drive.

Attached Files:

18. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

Or maybe a Blu-Ray drive.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018 ---
    Yeah, that's why I prefer desktops which don't have built-in displays. It's a novel idea, but it's not very practical if something breaks.

19. trusso macrumors 6502

Not really sure I like that word, "hating." I know it's used colloquially, but hate is such a strong word - and a lazy word. Moreover, I'm not "hating" on anything or anyone. What I am doing is gently chiding the prevailing notion that we need a bunch of expensive accessories to dress up our already expensive computers. Most people don't have a ton of superfluous cash lying around to spend on such arguably frivolous items; we're much more concerned with buying groceries and affording the damn rent.

*sigh*

I don't know. I thought the advent of the personal computer was about giving ordinary people tools so that they wouldn't be so beholden to a system largely tilted against them. Perhaps that was never really the case, but it would be disingenuous to believe that ideal now. I've never thought of my Mac or my iPhone as a status symbol. I went to great lengths to conceal my Apple Watch when I first bought it because I didn't like people making assumptions about my wealth.

Priorities, people. That's all I'm saying. :confused:

20. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

Strangely enough, Jim Zemlin actually uses macOS.

21. bmunge macrumors 6502

Everyone is different. I view these as quality accessories that would enhance my workspace and it isn't a great deal of money to me. I appreciate being fortunate but that doesn't make the purchase frivolous if it provides delight and enjoyment.

22. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

Isn't that the definition of frivolous?

23. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Great idea! I usually use velcro to hold hard drives on the back of the monitor. This is less messy and not as permanent.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018 ---
    While the Arc MBP stand is nice, I made one out of some scraps of teak I had. Looks ok and adds a warmer feel to the aluminum.

24. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I can see where you're coming from and understand what you're saying. I understand that you're not hating and that term does not apply to you.

What I can offer is while one particular item may seem frivolous to one person, another person may view that item as a necessity. We all have different uses and needs.

Ironically, I consider the iMac I own a necessity for my job and I view the Twelve South Backpack as an important item too. I am a creative content producer and I produce better work and am more efficient when I have a very clean un-cluttered workspace. (Really, I do.) Items like this help me in my work. This is just me though...others may be very different.

Cheers.