Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today and tomorrow only MacRumors readers can save 45 percent sitewide on Speck's website, making a great opportunity to purchase a new case for your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook at a discounted price. To take advantage of the deal, head over to Speck, find a case or accessory, add it to your cart, and enter MACRUMORS45 in the discount code box.

This will net you 45 percent off up to two Speck products per order, although the promo code excludes any existing markdowns and can't be combined with Speck's other offers or coupons.

speck-june-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

As an idea of how much you can save, Speck's lower-cost iPhone and iPad cases run for around $40, meaning accessories like the Presidio Grip for iPhone X (including World Cup colors), Balance Folio for iPad, and Presidio Clear for iPhone 8 are all discounted down to $21.97 in the sale. Head over to Speck's website to browse and make your purchase before the promo code expires tomorrow, June 29.

Over on Amazon, accessory company Choetech is offering its T511 Wireless Charger (Black) for just $6.47 with MacRumors exclusive promo code MACRUM50, down from $12.95. For any of our readers who have been looking to add a few more iPhone-compatible wireless charging mats around a home or apartment, this is a solid time to expand your collection.

choetech-qi-mat.jpg

There are a few other Choetech deals happening on Amazon this week as well: a 3-pack of USB-C Braided Cables for $5.99 with code 3N2LZXJP, down from $14.99 and a 6-Pack of USB-C Cables for $7.99 with code 9ARQ5ZD6, down from $12.99. With the cables, you can stock up on extra chargers for your MacBook ahead of any trips you might be taking this summer.

Incipio-june-2018-sale.jpg

Incipio is also marking down many of its products this Fourth of July, with promo code PWR4U taking 20 percent off all Incipio power accessories. These include smart cases, portable battery packs, cables, wireless chargers, and more. The discount code is already live ahead of next week's national holiday, so head over to Incipio's power accessory page to browse items available under the discount.

Finally, app developer Softorino is offering MacRumors readers an exclusive 40 percent off of its WALTR 2 software with promo code MACRUMORS. WALTR 2 is a drag-and-drop utility that allows you to quickly and easily move music, ringtones, videos, and other files onto your iOS devices. WALTR 2 works over Wi-Fi and lets you avoid using iTunes for file transfers while also automatically converting file types like FLAC and MKV that aren't otherwise supported by iTunes.

Head over to our full Deals Roundup for more information on the latest sales happening this week.

Article Link: MacRumors Exclusives: Save 45% on Speck's Cases and Save 50% on Choetech's Wireless Charger

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I wanted to order a few of the wireless chargers so first, I had three of them in my cart. The discount applied to only one. I then removed two of them & ordered one -- that worked fine. I went to order another & it would not apply the discount so I guess it is one unit only.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
Are these super cheap chargers any good? I wouldn’t pay $100 for one but is there any quality trade off for a $12/6.47 charger

marty11

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Are these super cheap chargers any good? I wouldn’t pay $100 for one but is there any quality trade off for a $12/6.47 charger

Don’t know about this brand but the $13 Anker brand chagers off Amazon work flawlessly. I think the Belkin and other premium brand chargers are overpriced. As will be Apple’s.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
It works great with the iPhone X. I order a couple more and pulled one apart to build into a car cradle. The circuit board and components were reasonably well put together.

johnmed

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
uk
It works great with the iPhone X. I order a couple more and pulled one apart to build into a car cradle. The circuit board and components were reasonably well put together.

How successful were you? I’ve been considering doing this to retrofit a charging surface to my 2008 Audi. Not had the balls to yet.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
How successful were you? I’ve been considering doing this to retrofit a charging surface to my 2008 Audi. Not had the balls to yet.
Sorry for the late reply. Work has been keeping me from browsing. The horrors! ;)

I haven't built anything as yet. Pretty straightforward though. The board is solid so it should be easy to work with. Just need to create a mount and run a USB cable for power. I need to do similar for my GPS and dash cam. One of these days...

johnmed

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
uk
Sorry for the late reply. Work has been keeping me from browsing. The horrors! ;)

I haven't built anything as yet. Pretty straightforward though. The board is solid so it should be easy to work with. Just need to create a mount and run a USB cable for power. I need to do similar for my GPS and dash cam. One of these days...

Thanks for the reply. I’ve just bought one of these: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142787352038 and intend to mount it under my armrests and hardwire it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.