Macrumors forums app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RooneySC, Oct 18, 2014.

1. RooneySC macrumors newbie

RooneySC

I'm looking for an app for using the forums. Something that will send push notifications so I don't have to deal with emails every time I get a new reply. I tried tapatalk but it didn't dl any kind of notifications for macrumors. Anyone have suggestions (or can tell me I'm using tapatalk wrong)?

2. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Macrumors forums app?

Did you check Tapatalk Settings, if you have Push Notifications enabled? Also, did you check your iPhone settings, whether or not you have 'Allow Notifications' enabled for Tapatalk?

3. RooneySC thread starter macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Yeah all settings are correct. Other forums send notifications.

4. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Macrumors forums app?

Try signing out and back in via Tapatalk. I do get push notifications for MacRumors however sometimes there are a few that I don't get, for some reason. I don't know if it has to do with the app or the site because I do get all the notifications for other forums.

5. RooneySC thread starter macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Tried that too. No dice. And to illustrate it. I got an email letting me know you replied to this thread but the app never sent anything to me. Are there others apps besides tapatalk that offer the same functionality?

----------

I've tried turning off all the notification settings and then turning them back on. I'll have to wait until I get another post from someone and then I'll see what I get. I'm also wondering if the emails are instantaneous but the push notifications aren't as "push" as they should be and I am beating the app to the punch and checking the app before it has a chance to notify.

6. LadyX, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Macrumors forums app?

You're posting from the Web? If you're getting email notifications it means you're subscribed to the thread.

There isn't an app similar to Tapatalk. Try this, unsubscribe from this thread. Type your next post via Tapatalk and close the app. I or maybe some other member will quote your post, see if you get a notification.

7. RooneySC thread starter macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Started original post from the web but have been using tapatalk. I see what you're saying though. It might be because I originally subscribed via the web. Just unsubscribed and am writing this post from tapatalk. We'll see what happens when it gets a reply.

8. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Okay, did you get a notification for this post? Oh and please quote my post, I want to check if I get notifications or not.

9. RooneySC thread starter macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Nope no notifications.

10. RooneySC thread starter macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Okay I am now thinking this is a different problem. If I get an email about a thread reply and go to the notifications section of tapatalk there is nothing there. It's not that push isn't working....the app isn't seeing responses as notifications. Now I'm really confused.

11. RooneySC thread starter macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Even more confused now. I just got a push notification for a main article macrumors just posted....but I'm not getting thread notifications. What's the deal?

12. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Macrumors forums app?

The notification you got, did you read something about 'top discussion of the day'?

Hmm ... I got a badge count and saw the notification in the Notification Centre however I did not get a pop-up which I'm supposed to get, like I stated in my previous posts, it doesn't work for me well all the time. Maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app? If this doesn't work then contact Tapatalk Support, tell them that you get notifications for other forums except not for MacRumors. For what it's worth, Tapatalk isn't as good as it was a few years ago. People complaining they don't get notifications among other things. They have yet to release an update for full iOS 8 support. Maybe this update would make a difference.