Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with GRID Studio to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a 13-inch M2 MacBook Air. GRID Studio turns key devices from Apple history into art that can be displayed in the home or office.

GRID-1.jpg

GRID's art pieces feature a deconstructed Apple device with the components laid out underneath a glass frame. Each part is clearly labeled, and interesting historical facts are included. GRID Studio has a range of different products available, with prices that start at $40 and go up based on the complexity and rarity of the original device.

The GRID 1, priced at $400, features Apple's first-ever iPhone that came out in 2007. It includes all of the components from the original iPhone, from the curved shell to the power button, headphone socket, and logic board.

GRID-1.jpg

GRID's $139 GRID 4s showcases the successor to the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4s initially came out in 2011, and it was Apple's fifth-ever iPhone. The 4s was notable because the "s" represented Siri, a smart personal assistant that was, at the time, exclusive to the device.

GRID_4S.jpg

GRID Studio doesn't just do iPhones. The $200 GRID Watch 1 includes the original 2015 Apple Watch, which was the first wrist-worn wearable that Apple came out with. The GRID piece includes the S1 chip, Apple's first system-on-a-chip, along with the original Apple Watch casing and the other internal components of the device.

GRID-WATCH.jpg

Apple silicon fans will appreciate the $199 GRID M1 that celebrates Apple's first in-house Mac chip. The M1 is an important part of Apple's history, and the GRID piece encases it in resin and provides a rundown on all of the features, including the 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, and dedicated Neural Engine.

GRID-M1.jpg

For Mac fans, GRID Studio also sells the GRID MacBook Air for $599. This piece highlights the first-generation 13-inch MacBook Air that came out in 2008, which Apple called the world's thinnest notebook and marketed as an ultraportable computer. The MacBook Air had an aluminum casing and a white bezel around the display, and it was equipped with a custom Intel chip, a full-size keyboard, and a multi-touch trackpad.

GRID-MacBook-Air.jpg

GRID Studio is having a holiday sale right now, with a promo code on the site offering 15 percent off. Some devices are also discounted by as much as 50 percent, with details available on the website.

GRID Studio is providing one winner with a 13-inch MacBook Air equipped with an M2 chip, 512GB SSD, and 8GB Unified Memory. To enter to win, use the widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner(s) and send the prize(s). You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older, UK residents who are 18 years or older, and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. All federal, state, provincial, and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (December 29, 2023) at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 5, 2024. The winner will be chosen randomly on or shortly after January 5 and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a 13-Inch M2 MacBook Air From GRID Studio

• Angry
Reactions: SMacDuff

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
These things are awesome. I remember watching some of the others unboxed on Austin Evans. His excitement was basically how I'd be if I ever had one.

GL everyone.

Reactions: ThomasJL

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
If you don't prove it, no one believes you. So prove it.
No point. Even if I took a photo of my grid studio 3gs and posted it here, a conspiracy nutter moron will just assume the picture was either photoshopped, I had bought it myself, or that I secretly work for MacRumors.

A typical intelligent person will simply believe me.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Sooooo.... can I piece this MacBook Air back together if I win and have a working MacBook Air? 😜

My 2017 MacBook Pro is starting to show it's age!
All kidding aside, cool promotion, but I wish the prize was a deconstructed piece of GRID Studio art, and not a MacBook.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Sooooo.... can I piece this MacBook Air back together if I win and have a working MacBook Air? 😜

My 2017 MacBook Pro is starting to show it's age!

I'm not sure, but I think this is an actual MacBook Air M2 they are giving away and not a piece of art version.

DaneLA

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2020
For me the chance of winning something that would significantly change my life for the better is worth the two seconds it takes to enter (I already subscribe and follow everything for my own benefit after all). Even though I've also never won, can we appreciate that these giveaways exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.