MacRumors Giveaway: Win a 7.5W Wireless Car Charger From Choetech

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 17, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Choetech to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a 7.5W Wireless Car Charging Mount that can be used to charge an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus in the car or at home.

Priced at $30, Choetech's Wireless Car Charging Mount features a grippy suction cup base that can attach to a car's dashboard or window, holding the iPhone at an ideal angle for viewing directions, listening to music, and more.

[​IMG]

There are two expandable arms that can be adjusted to fit any iPhone or Android device (including in a case), while a rotating ball joint allows the smartphone to be placed in portrait or landscape orientation. An adjustable foot also holds the iPhone or another smartphone in the proper alignment for charging.

Faster 7.5W charging is supported using a QC 2.0 to 3.0 adapter, which is not included in the purchase price, with 5W charging available using other adapters. Depending on a car's USB power output, 7.5W charging may not be supported. A USB-C port at the bottom provides power with the included USB-C to USB-A cable.

[​IMG]

As with all Choetech wireless chargers, the Wireless Car Charging Mount features overheating, over-current, and over-voltage protection.

[​IMG]

We have 20 of the Choetech Wireless Car Charging Mounts to give away. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (August 17) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on August 24. The winners will be chosen randomly on August 24 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a 7.5W Wireless Car Charger From Choetech

2. bigboyz12000 macrumors member

bigboyz12000

Whenever i see these type of chargers/mounts in a persons vehicle, i wonder to myself WHY. Haha! Take a sleek and sexy phone and mount it to an elephant..looks great? haha! No thank you.

3. Bornee35 macrumors regular

Bornee35

Its also a wireless charger that is plugged in 4mm away from the phones thunderbolt port, why not just plug in the phone. The one photo displaying the rotation axis just looks like a regular old charging stand.

4. gaximus macrumors 6502a

This is silly. why not hide the plug and have it plug into the back. This looks like it is plugged into the phone.

5. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Saves maybe 5 second to disconnect the cord from the phone instead?
    How much are they retail for anyway? Amazon is out of stock. But some of the reviews were not pretty at all.

6. fairuz, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018

fairuz macrumors 68000

fairuz

Not even 5 seconds. If the Lightning connector is built into the stand, it's plugged in once you put the phone in. Maybe the point is it works with both iPhone and Android phones, in case two people with different phones share a car. That'd be useful.

If it were a cable going in, there is a real problem with that. The stupid Lightning cable keeps slipping out of my phone while I'm driving (btw worst cable/connector design in history), then my battery dies unexpectedly after hours of driving with nav. I need a stand :/

7. doctor-don macrumors 65816

And just wait for all the accidents as the driver's attention is on the phone and not on the road just behind this device attached to the windshield. As it is, too many drivers see only as far down the road as the rear bumper of the vehicle in front.
    This charger / mount is not listed on Amazon when searching for Choetech 7.5W wireless car charger.
    The page does show Fast Wireless Charger, CHOETECH 3 Coils 7.5W Fast Charging for iPhone X/8/8 Plus, 10W Fast Charge for Samsung... (and Currently Unavailable) but the product is for
    USB C to DVI Cable. Another Amazon snafu. :rolleyes:

8. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Because it is out of stock, therefore the search could not find it.
    But you can see the link in the original post up top.

9. rjtyork macrumors regular

I got the magic mount with qi charging installed in my car. I’m super happy with it. Magnets guide it to the right place every time and I don’t have to fiddle around with a stupid lightning cable that usually breaks after 4 months with the constant plugging in and unplugging.

10. spiddyman007 macrumors regular

spiddyman007

No one wins these

11. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Yes they do

12. spiddyman007 macrumors regular

spiddyman007

Who

13. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

Translation: I didn't win, so I'll whine and make unsubstantiated claims.