Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Lululook to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win an adjustable Magnetic Stand that's designed for Apple's iPad mini 6, plus a 33W USB-C Wall Charger that can be used alongside it for charging up the iPad.

lululook-ipad-mini-stand-1.jpg

Priced at $60, the Magnetic Stand for iPad mini 6 is a floating stand that holds the iPad mini in place with magnets, turning it into the perfect desktop device. The Magnetic Stand has an arm that's quite similar to what you might see on an iMac, so paired with a keyboard and mouse, the stand can offer a Mac-style workstation.

lululook-ipad-mini-stand-2.jpg

It's also a handy stand to have if you plan to use the iPad mini 6 with Universal Control on a Mac, because it can be used to position the iPad mini right next to your Mac's display. The stand holder has a hinge that allows for a 360 degree swivel, so you can use it in landscape mode, portrait mode, or anything in between to get the ideal viewing position. Anti-slip pads are located on the bottom of the stand, ensuring it stays secured in place.

lululook-ipad-mini-stand-3.jpg

Lululook offers the Magnetic Stand in silver aluminum or gray aluminum to match your desktop setup, and the magnets that are included are strong enough to securely hold the iPad mini in place. It can be used for gaming, FaceTiming, web browsing, and more, and with the hole in the stand, charging while using it is possible.

You'll need to supply a USB-C cable, but Lululook is offering a slim GaN 33W USB-C charger to go along with the stand so you can charge your iPad mini or other accessories. The Wall Charger is priced at $17, and it's smaller than the standard chargers that come with Apple's iPads.

lululook-usb-c.jpg

We have 10 of the Lululook Magnetic Stands for iPad mini 6 to give away, and each winner will also get one of the 33W chargers. To enter to win our giveaway, use the Gleam.io widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older, UK residents who are 18 years or older, and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. All federal, state, provincial, and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (February 25) at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on March 4. The winners will be chosen randomly on March 4 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Magnetic Stand and USB-C Power Adapter for iPad Mini 6

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I don’t have an iPad mini, so good luck to those who enter!
I ordered one shortly after acquiring my first iPad, the Air 4, and can state that it is an absolutely wonderful stand, and makes it (with a keyboard and mouse) a virtual mini-iMac. I was worried about the magnetic-hold thing, but that is not an issue. You really have to make an effort to detatch iPad from stand. Seriously good stuff.

asdfjkl;

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
This is a nice setup. I personally don't use an iPad day to day, but I could see how this setup could be useful. The Lululook power supply is the bomb, though. Perfect replacement / spare for M1 Air power supply and so tiny.

lazyrighteye

macrumors 68030
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Anyone know if you have the smart folio if these will still work with the larger iPad?
That’s what I’m curious about. And also doubtful - mini’s magnets don’t seem strong enough. Plus, if it did, you’d think they’d tout that feature. Still, interested in confirmation.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Just to note: the stand comes in two sizes. One is appropriate for the MINI, the other will accomodate the iPad Pro 11" (or in my case, the Air 4). Great stand though. And heavy, meaning that it won't easily tlp in portrait orientation.

Reactions: ronntaylor

BB1970

macrumors regular
May 19, 2009
Just to note: the stand comes in two sizes. One is appropriate for the MINI, the other will accomodate the iPad Pro 11" (or in my case, the Air 4). Great stand though. And heavy, meaning that it won't easily tlp in portrait orientation.
Actually. Three sizes. They make one for the 12.9 as well.

Reactions: ronntaylor

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
OK, didn't know that. At the time I ordered mine (about 6 months ago), I only noted two. No matter. At any rate (and in whatever size), a superb stand.

Reactions: BB1970

NoelWalker

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2021
It looks very cute. Just like a mini version of the iMac, except this can do portrait orientation. Which is a plus.

• Haha
Reactions: Morgenland

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
I'd buy one of these in a second for the Air/Pro if they utilized the Smart Connector on the back of the iPad for power.
Yeah, a stand like this hold very little value for me without charging. But afaik there’s no alternative on the market that uses those, so I guess Apple doesn’t want 3rd party makers using them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.