Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Pad & Quill Messenger Bag

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For our second giveaway here at MacRumors, we've partnered with Pad & Quill, the maker of premium MacBook, iPhone, and iPad cases along with other accessories. Pad & Quill is graciously offering The Messenger Bag as our prize for this giveaway.

The Messenger Bag is made of leather and waxed canvas and features a padded laptop pocket that will fit a 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina and a 25-year leather warranty. The Messenger Bag retails for $369.

To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below. You can also earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, following MacRumors on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. You must be age 18 or older and located in the United States to enter.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

This contest will run from today (March 6) at 12:00 pm Pacific time through 12:00 pm Pacific time on March 13. The winner will be chosen randomly on March 13 and will be contacted by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address. The Messenger Bag will be shipped to the winner for free.

Pad & Quill is also offering a coupon code to MacRumors readers that will take 10% off all orders through Pad & Quill's site for a limited time. MacRumors readers should enter coupon code MRM15 at checkout to get the discount.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Pad & Quill Messenger Bag

Last edited:

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Would it be possible to move all these competitions/advertising into their own special place on the forums. I'm not against these kinds of articles, I just feel they should be separated from the general rumours. As this is totally not a rumour. And then people would have an easier finding these topics in the future.

And good luck for everyone who enters the competition.

Comment

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Would it be possible to move all these competitions/advertising into their own special place on the forums. I'm not against these kinds of articles, I just feel they should be separated from the general rumours. As this is totally not a rumour.

This seems to be a sponsored post. The more visibility it has, the more money they can get from sponsors. MacRumors has to generate revenue somehow. That's like asking MR to remove ads from the front page because they're not rumors :p.

Comment

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Would it be possible to move all these competitions/advertising into their own special place on the forums. I'm not against these kinds of articles, I just feel they should be separated from the general rumours. As this is totally not a rumour. And then people would have an easier finding these topics in the future.

And good luck for everyone who enters the competition.

We'd like to keep them integrated on the blogs so that people do engage with them. We post more than rumors here...we intend to cover a mixture news, rumors, tips, and other content, part of which is giveaways. We won't be flooding the site with these, don't worry.

Who won the last one?

There were fifty winners, several of whom have already thanked us on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/veggiespam/status/573241185965240320

http://twitter.com/SpencerBarker/status/573902353130262529

Others have yet to receive theirs, as it takes several rounds of winner selections while we wait the 48 hours for winners to respond, then randomly select new ones to fill slots left by those who didn't respond, etc.

This seems to be a sponsored post. The more visibility it has, the more money they can get from sponsors. MacRumors has to generate revenue somehow. That's like asking MR to remove ads from the front page because they're not rumors :p.

It is only sponsored in the sense that Pad & Quill is providing the prize...they're not paying us anything to run the post. Our intention with these is to give back to our readers and encourage them to engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, newsletter, etc. And yes, the companies sponsoring the giveaways do get some exposure. It's intended to be beneficial for everyone.

Comment

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
We'd like to keep them integrated on the blogs so that people do engage with them. We post more than rumors here...we intend to cover a mixture news, rumors, tips, and other content, part of which is giveaways. We won't be flooding the site with these, don't worry.
I am not against these kinds of articles. I actually think they are a great idea. I just thought having their own special area might have been a good idea for the reasons I previously said. Better categorisation. But that's not going to happen as you just said, anyway thanks for your reply.

And I am aware that MacRumors is just a brand. And that the site just covers a wide range of topics. I've actually been told that MacRumors is a brand and not an indication of what will be featured on this website by a few of the staff here in the past. That's cool by me, I like reading the wide range of topics covered.

Comment

cassiar

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I have this bag. It's really great and worth the money. But I ended up buying a 13inch Retina to go inside this bag because the 15inch did not fit. :(

#firstworldproblem.

Comment

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Nice bag. If this had an LV tag on it the price would be $1,800. So the value is actually pretty good

I'll be the first one to say it. I think this bag is pretty ugly & certainly isn't worth the $369 price tag.

By the way, none of the nice luxury bags look this ugly.

Comment

groovyd

Suspended
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
am thinking soon there will be purses with a reserve battery and both iphone and apple watch charging interfaces built into them.

Comment

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
I tried to use the widget to enter but I have no idea if I was successful due to a lack of feed back. The widget is poorly designed in my opinion.

Comment

jclo

Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
California
I tried to use the widget to enter but I have no idea if I was successful due to a lack of feed back. The widget is poorly designed in my opinion.

If you entered successfully, you should have some visual feedback on the widget itself. You don't need to do more than enter an email and click the enter box. Once that's done it should have a little checkmark where the entry was and it should also say X/4, depending on how many entries you did.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 10.02.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 10.02.50 PM.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 156
Comment

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
If you entered successfully, you should have some visual feedback on the widget itself. You don't need to do more than enter an email and click the enter box. Once that's done it should have a little checkmark where the entry was and it should also say X/4, depending on how many entries you did.

I was clicking the Facebook link in lieu of using my email address.

Comment

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
The newsletter response email has not been sent yet. I've tried on an iPad and on a desktop. Maybe it will take a few more minutes?
Later.....
Finally got it. I guess the computers were checking me out lol

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.