MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Pad & Quill Messenger Bag

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

For our second giveaway here at MacRumors, we've partnered with Pad & Quill, the maker of premium MacBook, iPhone, and iPad cases along with other accessories. Pad & Quill is graciously offering The Messenger Bag as our prize for this giveaway.

The Messenger Bag is made of leather and waxed canvas and features a padded laptop pocket that will fit a 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina and a 25-year leather warranty. The Messenger Bag retails for $369.

[​IMG]

To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below. You can also earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, following MacRumors on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. You must be age 18 or older and located in the United States to enter.

Click here to view the giveaway

This contest will run from today (March 6) at 12:00 pm Pacific time through 12:00 pm Pacific time on March 13. The winner will be chosen randomly on March 13 and will be contacted by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address. The Messenger Bag will be shipped to the winner for free.

Pad & Quill is also offering a coupon code to MacRumors readers that will take 10% off all orders through Pad & Quill's site for a limited time. MacRumors readers should enter coupon code MRM15 at checkout to get the discount.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Pad & Quill Messenger Bag

2. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Would it be possible to move all these competitions/advertising into their own special place on the forums. I'm not against these kinds of articles, I just feel they should be separated from the general rumours. As this is totally not a rumour. And then people would have an easier finding these topics in the future.

And good luck for everyone who enters the competition.

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

This seems to be a sponsored post. The more visibility it has, the more money they can get from sponsors. MacRumors has to generate revenue somehow. That's like asking MR to remove ads from the front page because they're not rumors :p.

5. Awfisch macrumors member

Awfisch

I did! :)

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We'd like to keep them integrated on the blogs so that people do engage with them. We post more than rumors here...we intend to cover a mixture news, rumors, tips, and other content, part of which is giveaways. We won't be flooding the site with these, don't worry.

There were fifty winners, several of whom have already thanked us on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/veggiespam/status/573241185965240320

http://twitter.com/SpencerBarker/status/573902353130262529

Others have yet to receive theirs, as it takes several rounds of winner selections while we wait the 48 hours for winners to respond, then randomly select new ones to fill slots left by those who didn't respond, etc.

It is only sponsored in the sense that Pad & Quill is providing the prize...they're not paying us anything to run the post. Our intention with these is to give back to our readers and encourage them to engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, newsletter, etc. And yes, the companies sponsoring the giveaways do get some exposure. It's intended to be beneficial for everyone.

7. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

United states only, well that excludes me then. Nice looking satchel though.

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Nice bag. If this had an LV tag on it the price would be $1,800. So the value is actually pretty good

9. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

I am not against these kinds of articles. I actually think they are a great idea. I just thought having their own special area might have been a good idea for the reasons I previously said. Better categorisation. But that's not going to happen as you just said, anyway thanks for your reply.

And I am aware that MacRumors is just a brand. And that the site just covers a wide range of topics. I've actually been told that MacRumors is a brand and not an indication of what will be featured on this website by a few of the staff here in the past. That's cool by me, I like reading the wide range of topics covered.

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

11. PhamQu macrumors newbie

Here's a good luck to all! Would love to finally try one of Pad and Quill's products!

12. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

13. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Very nice bag. Whoever wins is going to be one happy forum member. Nice job MR staff.

14. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

Good looking bag, my MacBook Pro would like it..LOL!

15. cassiar macrumors newbie

cassiar

I have this bag. It's really great and worth the money. But I ended up buying a 13inch Retina to go inside this bag because the 15inch did not fit. :(

#firstworldproblem.

16. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

I'll be the first one to say it. I think this bag is pretty ugly & certainly isn't worth the $369 price tag.

By the way, none of the nice luxury bags look this ugly.

17. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

They make nice bags, shame about the cases....

18. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

I think it looks good, in a somewhat rugged way.

Unfortunately, I don't need a purse....

19. groovyd macrumors 65816

groovyd

am thinking soon there will be purses with a reserve battery and both iphone and apple watch charging interfaces built into them.

20. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

I tried to use the widget to enter but I have no idea if I was successful due to a lack of feed back. The widget is poorly designed in my opinion.

21. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

If you entered successfully, you should have some visual feedback on the widget itself. You don't need to do more than enter an email and click the enter box. Once that's done it should have a little checkmark where the entry was and it should also say X/4, depending on how many entries you did.

Attached Files:

22. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

I was clicking the Facebook link in lieu of using my email address.

23. Snookerman macrumors 6502

24. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

Ooooh I see, so the prize is not an "iPad and a Quill bag" but instedad a "Pad-&-Quill bag" :(

25. ron7624, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

The newsletter response email has not been sent yet. I've tried on an iPad and on a desktop. Maybe it will take a few more minutes?
    Later.....
    Finally got it. I guess the computers were checking me out lol