Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Vessel to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a Signature 2.0 Backpack.

Vessel makes all kinds of backpacks, briefcases, and bags, but the Signature 2.0, as the name suggests, is one of the most popular and was even named one of the top laptop bags of the year by Forbes.

Designed to be an every day backpack that can carry all of your essentials, the Signature 2.0, which is priced at $235, is sleek and compact but packed with pockets.

vesselbackpackfront-800x697.jpg

There's a main dual zip compartment that holds larger items, a large front exterior zip up pocket with an organizer for smaller items like your smartphone and headphones, and a padded compartment designed to fit a 15-inch laptop.

vesselbackpackopen-800x676.jpg

The laptop compartment also includes a slip pocket and internal mesh compartments, along with a velour-lined zippered pocket. At the side, there's an easy access vertical side pocket that's perfect for a phone, and there's yet another zip compartment at the bottom of the backpack.

vesselbackpacklaptop-800x646.jpg

Padded adjustable shoulder straps are included so it's comfortable to wear even when it's full, and with a mesh back panel, it can fit over the handle of a suitcase.

vesselbackpackluggage-800x648.jpg

Vessel's Signature 2.0 backpack is made from a micro-suede synthetic leather, and it comes in a range of colors, including blue, black, carbon black, gray, and more. Vessel says that its synthetic leather is the best alternative to natural leather with a soft, smooth touch.

vesselbackpackworn-800x450.jpg

The synthetic leather is animal friendly, good for the environment, and able to hold up well over time because the structure is similar to genuine leather. As a bonus, the material is resistant to water, which is useful in poor weather.

vesselbackpackrear-800x664.jpg

We have two of Vessel's Signature 2.0 Backpacks to give away to MacRumors readers. To enter to win, use the Gleam.io widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (August 23) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on August 30. The winners will be chosen randomly on August 30 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Signature 2.0 Backpack From Vessel

Reactions: ronntaylor

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
Nice back pack. :)

Problem is the Mac book pro battery being banned on flights.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I find backpacks quite acceptable in a professional workplace, provided they’re not jansport or similar.

I mean whatever floats your boat and is appropriate for your situation but I prefer carrying a bag on my side rather than walking in like a freshman student. But that's just me.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
I mean whatever floats your boat and is appropriate for your situation but I prefer carrying a bag on my side rather than walking in like a freshman student. But that's just me.
I think you’re limiting yourself unnecessarily. My thread bag is fantastic. https://threadinternational.com/
A
nd none of the freshmen I teach would come in with this Vessel, either.

Reactions: atmenterprises

SteveW928

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2010
Victoria, B.C. Canada

I think a lot of it depends on where you live. In some cities, the majority of people wear backpacks, whether out shopping or going to work/school, etc.

Other places, you'd be really out of place with one if you were in school, and would have to 'check it' if going into a store.

Reactions: autrefois

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
I was a bike messanger until a little over 10 years ago and still use that run down backpack everyday (when apropriate). If you want to look cool then you have to go all the way. Those new hipster messenger bags simply don't deliver.
This bag pack looks cool for more formal workplaces but that price tag is a little high.

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008

Great....by doing this you are greatly improving the life of doctors and physiotherapists. The asymmetrical loading of your spine is really bad for it! Doctors will love making money later in your life once the problems appear.

Backpacks are the way to go!

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
*looks at coworkers*
*looks at backpack*
*looks at coworkers*

*shrug*

#nevergrowingup

Reactions: atmenterprises

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA

For everyone else, a backpack will always benefit you in form, function, and distribution of weight on an important body part such as a your back. Take care of your back, or suffer devastating consequences.

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
For those of us that fly every week for work, a good backpack is like a best friend. This one has an especially nice looking luggage strap, which for me is key.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I didn't know about this bag until now, and I really like it. There aren't enough bags out there that transition well to fairly dressy environments, but this looks like it would. Note that this company has both a slimmer and a larger variant on their website.

In case anyone from the company is reading this, are these in any stores so we can see them in person? If not, is it a problem to order a couple and return the one not selected? I ask because I can't really tell from the pics on your website which color/texture variant I prefer.

Last edited:

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
That thread one looks pretty sweet. Almost like a briefcase without the overly nerdy aspect to it. I love it actually
Got it via Kickstarter and unfortunately they’re not up and selling them yet. But it’s the best bag I’ve owned. Great storage options and I agree with you about the look. Interesting bonus, the material is made in part from plastic bottles recovered on beaches in Haiti.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.