MacRumors Giveaway: Win a UV iPhone Sanitizer From PhoneSoap

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 1, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with PhoneSoap to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a PhoneSoap 3 Smartphone UV Sanitizer.

[​IMG]

As the name suggests, the PhoneSoap is designed to eliminate all of the nasty germs on your iPhone using a UV light. Most of us take our phones everywhere, including places rich with bacteria and other little microbes.

[​IMG]

PhoneSoap says that its UV sanitizer kills 99.99 percent of all germs, and in addition to working on your iPhone, it will sanitize anything that fits inside. It's even able to kill cold and flu viruses.

[​IMG]

All you need to do is open up the PhoneSoap, tuck your iPhone inside, and leave it there at night or for just a few minutes at a time. It doesn't take long to eliminate germs with a UV light, and the PhoneSoap will shut off automatically after 10 minutes so you don't need to worry about overheating or damage to your devices.

[​IMG]

There are UV lightbulbs on both the top and bottom of the PhoneSoap to sanitize both sides of an iPhone at once, and the design is meant to get the light to tiny crevices that liquids don't reach.

[​IMG]

The PhoneSoap, priced at $60, is multipurpose, so while it's sanitizing your phone with UV light, it can also charge it thanks to two ports (USB-C and USB-A) on the side. It is big enough to fit all iPhone models, and it also works with credit cards, keys, money, and more.

We have 10 of the PhoneSoaps to give away to MacRumors readers. To enter to win our giveaway, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (February 1) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on February 8 The winners will be chosen randomly on February 8 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a UV iPhone Sanitizer From PhoneSoap

2. Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

I was gifted one of these and didn't use it once. You can't convince me that sanitizing your phone does anything legitimate other than helping ease your mind by the fact you take your phone into the bathroom with you. Unless you wear gloves whenever you handle money or thoroughly sanitize your hands after using the ketchup on the table in a public restaurant before grabbing a fry with your bare hands... this product does very little of significance.

Not to mention the fact that it's ENORMOUS! You've got to have some night stand to accommodate that monstrosity.

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have colored sanitizing wipes that only only “sanitize” my phone but will also remove any gunk. Plus it’s cheaper and don’t have to worry about replacing the UV bulb.

4. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Not to mention you can just use Lysol wipes, they’re safe to use on phones and probably more effective.

5. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

6. ChrisMoBro Suspended

ChrisMoBro

They can’t sell them so they’re just giving them away.

7. jtara macrumors 68000

Good way to destroy any plastic exposed to the thing...

8. maxfromdenmark macrumors member

maxfromdenmark

nope, it’s unnecessary gizmo. Washing hands should be enough

9. justperry, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019

justperry macrumors G3

justperry

[​IMG]

Insanity, what's wrong with bugs, there's a reason there's a lot more Astma than there use to be, also, there are billions of creatures living inside your intestines which is good, and billions if not trillions in the rest of your body.

And by sanitising your phone doesn't really help, open a door somewhere in for instance a mall which just has been touched by a person with the flu might get you sick easier than your own phone.
    Heck, one of the dirtiest electronics is most likely in front of you now, your keyboard, or a computer keyboard at your job.

10. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

I can confirm that.

PhoneSoap UV Burns AD Avatar.jpg

11. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

Please raise awareness for our unnecessary crapware with some free giveaways.

12. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I have one of these too that was a gift. I use it when I see an article about it but forget between. I wonder if my phone with battery case would even fit now.

13. SBlue1 macrumors 65816

SBlue1

"You can't convince me", "what's wrong with bacteria" and "other places are much worse"? Yes, but there is a reason you should wash your hands a few times a day. I do it when I arrive at work after commuting by subway, before I eat at a diner or when I get back home because all those places are full of germs. Especially at winter. And not knowing the difference between the harmless bacteria living inside your guts helping you digest your food and the aggressive bacteria making you sick is LOL worthy.

14. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Be careful about using harsh chemicals on the screen. The screen has certain anti-reflective and anti-smudge coatings that can be slowly dissolved by strong solvents (like rubbing alcohol). Using it once or twice is fine, but if you make a habit of cleaning your phone often with solvents, those coatings will wear away.

I put a tiny drop of dish soap onto a wrung-out wet cloth and just give the phone good wipe down every once in a while, then using a dry cloth to dry it off.

15. entropys macrumors 6502

entropys

This product exists because all the human phone sanitizers left the planet on the “b” ark. They have just gone on ahead.

16. ignatius345 macrumors 68000

Seriously. The manufacture of every useless piece of crap like this comes with a carbon pricetag, and this will most definitely end up in a landfill sooner or later (probably sooner). Worth it when you can just you know, wipe off your g-d phone?

17. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

I learned a long time ago that the key to avoiding gastroenteritis is to not lick your phone.

18. luvbug macrumors regular

luvbug

How about not spending any money, time, or effort on another item destined for the landfill, and simply let your immune system do what it's supposed to do. Your immune system needs regular activity, just like the rest of you, to stay in tip-top shape.

19. lucaspttrsn macrumors newbie

lucaspttrsn

20. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

I do too, fact is getting into contact with germs especially in early childhood is good for your immune system, doing sports does do wonders as well, I rarely get the flu, reasons might be, I played outside when I was young, cycled to and from my job daily (20Km up return) and been around the world where sanitation is lacking.

21. testcard, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019

testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

It's like a miniature tanning bed. Think I'll keep my friendly bacteria - they're almost part of the family.

22. Unity451, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019

Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

I think you should get one.

23. Kabeyun macrumors 68000

Kabeyun

Scare tactics have long been an effective tool to profit from public gullibility. This junk is no exexception.

24. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

I wash mine every few weeks with soap and water. Everything is perfect as it has been since the iPhone 7.

Useless product, sorry.