Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with ColorWare to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a set of custom-painted second-generation AirPods Pro with a USB-C port. Apple in September discontinued the Lightning-based version of the AirPods Pro 2 and instead swapped over to USB-C, and ColorWare is already able to make them in unique colors

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-1.jpg

ColorWare has been offering custom-painted Apple products and accessories for more than two decades now, and this is the company to go with if you want AirPods or Apple devices in shades that are less boring than Apple's default colors.

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-3.jpg

All of ColorWare's products come in hundreds of unique color combinations, and it customizes AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirTags, Magic Mouse, and accessories like consoles and controllers from companies like Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony.

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-4.jpg

Custom second-generation AirPods Pro 2 with a USB-C port are available from ColorWare for $439, a price that includes colorization for both of the AirPods and the accompanying USB-C MagSafe Charging Case. If you just want to customize the earbuds, that can be done for $389.

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-5.jpg

There's a premium price tag for ordering from ColorWare, but with AirPods Pro 2 only available in white, this is the sole way to get AirPods in black, red, blue, orange, or dozens of other colors. With the holidays coming up, custom AirPods are a unique gift you won't find elsewhere.

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-6.jpg

ColorWare also has a multi-step coating process that includes a primer, the application of a proprietary color formula, and an X2 liquid plastic coating that protects the color. Custom painting is guaranteed for 12 months.

You can get both solid and metallic paint options from ColorWare, along with gloss and matte finishes depending on personal preference. There are traditional silver, gray, and gold colors that match Apple devices, but colors in every shade of the rainbow are available too.

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-7.jpg

Each AirPod can be painted the same color as the case, or you can get the case and the earbuds all in different colors, which leads to thousands of color combinations to chose from.

ColorWare even offers custom colors like the "CowPods Pro" that features a case with a cow print, or the black holographic Supernova set.

colorware-airpods-pro-usb-c-2.jpg

To create its custom accessories, ColorWare uses standard second-generation AirPods Pro with USB-C case directly from Apple, which means the full AirPods functionality is intact.

We have two sets of custom AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C port to give away to MacRumors readers. To enter to win, use the widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, Threads, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older, UK residents who are 18 years or older, and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. All federal, state, provincial, and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (November 17) at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on November 24. The winners will be chosen randomly on or shortly after November 24 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win Custom-Colored AirPods Pro 2 From ColorWare

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Custom second-generation AirPods Pro 2 with a USB-C port are available from ColorWare for $439, a price that includes colorization for both of the AirPods and the accompanying USB-C MagSafe Charging Case. If you just want to customize the earbuds, that can be done for $389.
That's double the price of what you can buy the AirPods Pro 2 for. Did ColorWare's prices go up or have they always been that expensive?

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Excellent point! My apologies. I misread this and unfortunately made a comment directly related to the post. Your comment is about me, which I now realize is 'valuable.'
My comment was about your comment, not you as an individual.

It was an attempt to call out a sarcastic and judgemental comment, in the hopes that others might think twice about framing their opinions as such.

Imagine you worked on those colorways yourself and saw a comment like that about the work you were proud of. I know this happens, as I work with people for whom it has happened many times.

Criticism or differing opinions are one thing, but flippant sarcasm is unnecessary and childish. You could have expressed your dislike in a thousand better - less judgemental - ways.

“Oh wow - I can’t say I’m a fan of those colours…” is one.

Admittedly, I could have expressed my own frustration with your post better, but I sometimes lose patience for the rudeness which is so often ignored online, and resort to dishing out ‘a taste of your own medicine’ type of comments.

Anyway, happy Friday! Maybe be nicer online next time? I’ll try to do the same next time I see someone being flippant and rude. 👍

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Maybe be nicer online next time? I’ll try to do the same next time I see someone being flippant and rude. 👍
Great. My point is that you are guilty of the very points you are trying to make against other people. So what is your real point exactly? Because it seems to be, you said something I don't like. Your post is sarcastic and off-topic, and flippant and rude. And then you're telling me you wrote it to be because you don't like sarcastic comments. You're writing a post under the guise of rationality and apologizing and then attacking, and then saying you're not saying personal things. Are you aware of the irony here? And of course, there is the most obvious point of all, you don't have to say anything

Reactions: avheatherim

Neepman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
The goofy stuff people will spend money and risk having to eat pet food in their retirement years....

blodyholy

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Iowa
I'm not sure I would pay for this service. It's a pretty steep price, even for some great color options. But I do appreciate MR giveaways

View attachment 2313728
I assume those are ColorWare? Apart from cost, do you like the fit/finish?

As an aside, I’m also a past winner (AWPS1), and made a point to Juli that I’ll chime in on these giveaways and confirm they’re legit for anyone curious about the validity.

One thing to note for all forum members; Gleam giveaways are usually aggregated to sites like gleamdb.info - so it’s not just MR members entering.

Good luck to all! 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: ronntaylor

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
That orangey, greeny, coppertone fade fires me up! I don't use mine very often, but the wife might like those for Xmas (if I hadn't already learned that: 1) never gift a woman something that plugs in. 2) You can't go wrong with leather of jewelry. 3. No gift certificates. Ever!).

ronntaylor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
I assume those are ColorWare? Apart from cost, do you like the fit/finish?

As an aside, I’m also a past winner (AWPS1), and made a point to Juli that I’ll chime in on these giveaways and confirm they’re legit for anyone curious about the validity.

One thing to note for all forum members; Gleam giveaways are usually aggregated to sites like gleamdb.info - so it’s not just MR members entering.

Good luck to all! 🤞
These are a ColorWare/MR giveaway that I won months ago. Love the color and fit (I bought a pair of AirPod Pros a few months before the win and have been happy with the fit because past Apple buds didn't fit or hurt my ears).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.