Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atikalz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2016
White stands out. It's clear branding. You see someone with white earbuds and you immediately know they have Apple earbuds. You see someone with grey or black and they could be product.

So what? I dont buy products to be a walking advertisement for Apple. I buy products, that are my style and taste and that suit my needs. And i want modest dark AirPods without a shiny silver ring.
[doublepost=1515342078][/doublepost]
I agree. It's what makes it noticeable from afar. People see you have something sticking out of your ear and immediately ask, "is that those Apple earphones?" If they were black or any other color(very common with bluetooth headsets) it won't get the same attention as the white earbuds.
I dont buy products, so that everyone asks me something about them. Whats up with you guys? You need attention? Pull your panties down.

Supermacguy

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Does anyone here have a set of these already? What is the finish like and how does it hold up long term? Surely it must wear off from continual touching at certain places.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
So what? I dont buy products to be a walking advertisement for Apple. I buy products, that are my style and taste and that suit my needs. And i want modest dark AirPods without a shiny silver ring.

It doesn't matter what you do or want. You don't represent the majority of Apple buyers. They aren't making these for you. They make devices for the greatest majority of the market, which is why they've been so successful. Losing your purchase of AirPods in return for thousands of others isn't hurting them.

atikalz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2016
It doesn't matter what you do or want. You don't represent the majority of Apple buyers. They aren't making these for you. They make devices for the greatest majority of the market, which is why they've been so successful. Losing your purchase of AirPods in return for thousands of others isn't hurting them.
Dude, i just asked for another color. According to you there is no need for a color variety of any apple products. So everyone white iPhones is cool with you?
And you dont know how much impact a color variety has in sales numbers...

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Please Apple, give me these colors and i will throw my money to you! White is so boring.

Although I believe Apple should offer their most popular accessories in both white and black, I couldn't disagree more that white is boring.

atikalz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2016
Although I believe Apple should offer their most popular accessories in both white and black, I couldn't disagree more that white is boring.
I mean boring in terms of only one option, that everyone has. Tell me why the people are so keen about the iMac Pro in black? And the MBP in dark. Its fresh! Always the same is boring!

Reactions: Icaras

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I mean boring in terms of only one option, that everyone has. Tell me why the people are so keen about the iMac Pro in black? And the MBP in dark. Its fresh! Always the same is boring!

I understand what you're saying. It's not the color that's boring, but rather the lack of choice, and I totally agree with that. Yea I definitely think AirPods should also come in black too.

Reactions: atikalz

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
On the same page as this giveaway -

Really-humpf-GoogleAd.jpg

Thanks, Google!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.