MacRumors iPhone app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by bruckg, Sep 8, 2010.

1. bruckg macrumors newbie

Hi,

for the last few weeks, I have worked on a MacRumors app for iPhone and iPod touch. Today, I decided to make the app open-source. I GPL'd it over at SourceForge. Those of you with an Apple Developer License can download the Xcode project and see for themselves. The project is still in its early stages: for example, the code contains the most blatant and obvious memory management errors imaginable. I'm going to fix those errors soon. Please remember that the project is licensed under the GPL and that we're a community, so if you use and/or modify my source code, contribute it back! :D

If you're an iOS developer, you're welcome to join the effort and contribute to the project!

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Just curious: what prompted that decision?

3. bruckg thread starter macrumors newbie

I have always liked the (in my opinion very noble) principle of free software and I figured that the only thing retaining me from making the app open-source was my greed.

4. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

thanks for posting that, I am still just learning Objective C but looking at an actual program really helps me fit all the pieces together.