MacRumors is crashing my MacPro

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Bytehoven, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Bytehoven macrumors regular

Bytehoven

I should have posted this awhile back. MacRumors is consistently crashing my MacPro running 10.10.5 so badly that I have to do a HARD reboot. I can not force quit Safari or even switch to another program. Only a HARD power button reboot works.

As a result, I can not take the chance to visit while any important work is in progress and more and more I am just not visiting all together.

It's been about a month since my last visit, and within a short time, my system crash, probably due to the advertising.

I assume my experience is unimportant and perhaps isolated and not shared by others. But if this something others have also experienced and there is a chance of fixing the problem, I welcome the opportunity to assit in a solution.

Cheers

Byte

2. kucharsk macrumors regular

Try rebooting in safe mode and see if the issue persists.

If so, try accessing MacRumors using Safari while logged in as a guest or other user.

3. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I'm also on 10.10.5, using Safari, and haven't seen anything remotely like that. I do get the smattering of code where the page can't be viewed, though. You could also try using Chrome or FireFox to see if the same thing happens.