MacRumors logo - supposed to be Mother from Pink Floyd The Trial?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by jishaq, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jishaq macrumors newbie

Every time I've ever looked at the MacRumors logo, what I see is a pinched-up face with a little opened mouth at the bottom, and in my mind I think of the 'Mother' character from Pink Floyd's The Trial. Every single time. It doesn't elicit a positive response for me, and in fact is kind of traumatic.

Am I crazy? Or is the logo in fact intended to look like a pinched-up face with a little open mouth at the bottom, and if so, uh.. why?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is an apple with a question mark incorporated in it

3. jishaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Bah. I think it's a Pink Floyd allusion. You can't deny the similarity!

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Actually, I can deny that. And now that I'm looking more closely at the image, it looks even more like an Apple :)apple:) then it used to.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. jishaq thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I'm crazy. I've looked at that logo a zillion times, and every single time the first thing that pops into my head is PF, then a sour-looking apple face thing. Even if I blur my eyes together like when looking at a 3D stereogram, it looks liike.. sour-apple face.

7. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You are not alone. I have thought that since my very first visit to MacRumors.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

9. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

10. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I don't see that much of a similarity. But «The Wall» is definitely one of the greatest albums of all time. :)

11. Schmitty11 macrumors 6502

I dont see it, but I love the album and the movie

12. jishaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, a mole! I like that, I can totally see that too.

I'm glad to hear that of the zillions of people who use this forum and evidently all think "oh what a pleasant apple-with-a-question-mark logo!", there are a few kindred souls who are all, like, "eek, what the hell is that thing on the top of the page?"

13. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I don't see the similarity at all, maybe I am not high enough.

14. LorenK macrumors 6502

I don't think that The Wall has aged well. While it has some good songs, the overall album seems to be tied in sound and themes to the seventies too much. On the other hand, Wish You Were Here and Animals have aged much better, with Wish You Were Here, seeming more and more like a rock and roll masterpiece (I view Dark Side of the Moon as a great album as well, but more of generally a music masterpiece, not strictly rock and roll, and I've heard it too much, unlike Wish You Were Here).

Could somebody post the image from The Wall that's being referenced? I think that it would be fair use to post it for this discussion.