MacRumors NFL Fantasy Football League 2009

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Jul 12, 2009.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

So the last few years my wife has played in a work league at Fanball. Last year I joined a random league on NFL.com. So where do you all think is the best place to play and why? Please give me pros and cons and any associated costs involved. I'm thinking of starting a league this year with some old friends and I'd like to find the best place for us to do it. I would definitely like to find somewhere that is free or at least very low cost. I really don't have money to blow on Fantasy Football.

Also, if there's not one already, I think it would be cool to have a MacRumors fantasy league if anyone is interested. :)

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I've done both Yahoo and ESPN fantasy leagues in MLB and NFL as a casual player. Can't say which one was actually better, but I have been doing more on ESPN the last year or so.

+1 for a MR League(s) if we can get it organized correctly.

3. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Anyone else interested? I know we have a lot of NFL fans around here and I can't believe computer forum members don't play fantasy football. ;)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use to play on a league that used CBS Sports to manage it. It was good, I really liked it.

5. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^+1; my league plays on CBS sportsline and they are pretty dope. Yahoo is cool too but you have to buy the live-feed-update-tracker-thingy which is $10 for the season.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm up for a MR-based league as well, as long as we could find a common time to do a draft that works for all involved. 10-team leagues are the best.

7. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Actually this year StatTracker is free with yahoo. I'm down for a MR league.

8. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Really? Thats great news!

I would also be down for a MR league. I would even set it up if we got 10 or more people interested. I count four definites right now.

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I second CBS Sports......

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I've played on both yahoo and espn and think the latter is way better, even if yahoo's stat-tracker is now free.

11. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Allright folks, I'm going to send private messages to everyone in this thread who said they would be interested in a MR league. If you know of anyone else on here then encourage them to post in this thread and I'll send them a message as well. It would be great if we could get a 10 -12 team league set up. I'll set it up, probably on ESPN, but I've heard good things about the new FOX system. Anyhow, anyone who wants to beat me to the punch can go ahead and send me a message if you want to. Make sure to give me an outside email address so I can set up the invitations to join the league.

I think this will be fun. We don't have long to set up the draft, about three weeks.

Talk to you soon. :)

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

14. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

We're up to six players presently. So we need a few more. A 10 - 12 team league is ideal. Post here and send me a PM with an outside email address.

15. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Count me in, I've never done Fantasy Football, but I'd like to join.

16. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

18. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If I win, I would like a signed picture of jessica.

19. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Also, count me in as well. I have played Fantasy Football for each of the last four years and I love it! (I'm a huge Steelers fan and an avid football fan in general).

Email: insutantu at gee mail dot see ohh emm.

20. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

We're up to 12 teams so I'm gonna set up the league and send out the invitations. If anyone else is interested then keep sending me PM's or post here. If we can get enough for a second league then I'll be happy to set it up. Once we're set up we'll start a new thread for trash talking and updates.

To those who are playing or want to play and don't know anything about Fantasy Football, check out all of the major sports sites like, ESPN, CBS Sports, NFL, FOX Sports, Yahoo, etc.. They all have fantasy sections that will tell you more about the game, how to play, how to draft good players etc.. It may seem intimidating, but it's actually pretty easy. Of course some basic knowledge of football is needed.

Thanks to those who have responded, this is going to be a lot of fun. :)

21. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL FREAK! I will find a hot pic of a chick and sign it.

23. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Im in, as long as the draft is not on Sunday at 12.

24. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Setting the draft will be an issue..hopefully it's during the week and post 5pm on the west coast.