MacRumors Nike+ Runners: Getting the Nike+ Bracelet?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GimmeSlack12, Apr 11, 2008.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I am actually considering it, cause I run routes through San Francisco streets and have been getting more paranoid when crossing streets with my music on. Not to mention using an armband with my Nano is fairly annoying. Anyone thinking of (or already have) the Nike+ bracelet?

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Nah. I would like to be able to run without my nano, but my fundamental gripe with the nike+ system is that it's just not very accurate. At the end of the day, I don't trust its pace data as far as I can throw it, so although I find it fun to participate in the MR challenges, I'm not going to throw another $60 at flawed technology. When I prefer to run without music (which is more than half the time), I just put my ipod on my waistband and don't wear headphones.

What I want is this. :D

3. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I can throw mine about 50 feet I'm guessing. Would that must it more trustworthy :cool:

4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Hell no, 60 bucks is a bit ridiculous.

As for accuracy, you can't really expect it to be perfect, but if you calibrate it often enough it does a decent job.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i would love one of those as well, i just really can't justify the cost.

but i am going to get the nike+ sportsband. most of my runs, i run with the ipod and not headphones, so this is perfect for me. spending $60 is one thing, but $300 is totally another

6. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Thats my position as well. As for running with the iPod and no headphones, do you just hit "Start" and off you go? There's no hidden things you need to do to get it to register is there?

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

on the ipod? after you select the music, and you've "walked around to activate your sensor", you just press the center button to start the workout, and off you go.