MacRumors site running slow?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Drexus, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Drexus macrumors regular

Drexus

Anyone find MacRumors site crawling? I pulled up the debugging console and found their ads pulled up 16 fatal errors on the main page — all trying to play youtube videos with 502s (bad gateway). The main page takes 50 seconds to load!

Even with the ads failing it’s still a 6 meg download for the home page. Then I go to the forums section and google ads break 42 times. What gives?

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

3. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I can verify this. Running on my MPB with my university 100Mbps up and down speed, it behaves far slower than any other site in general recently. It started maybe about a month or two ago. Roughly since the design overhaul.

Also, since the new redesign, I find the mobile version of the site to be unreliable. I sometimes have to reload the page so that I can select links to other parts of the site.

however, my main gripe with the new mobile deign is have to select an unreliable drop down menu in order to access the forums. The old method was faster and less clumsy, having just one button to press to access the forums.

That's been my experience on my iPhone 4S and 5S, both running iOS 8.

4. Drexus thread starter macrumors regular

Drexus

Odd how the viability of a site is held back by the mechanism that keeps it viable.

5. sunfire7 macrumors member

me too! Glad it's not me :)

6. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Loading Forum spy seems to take for ever. Once I’m on the site it doesn’t seem too bad, but it's still slow compared to every other sites I visit.