Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
My wife and I recently decided to take up the game and have really enjoyed getting into it.

Are there any other members that play regularly, either recreationally or competitively?

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Tennis, anyone??

Attachments

• tennis_anyone_hat-p148212770958642504z8nb8_400.jpg
    tennis_anyone_hat-p148212770958642504z8nb8_400.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 76

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I don't play myself, but am seriously considering it, as with each passing year it gets harder to gather 10+ people to play a decent soccer-game. People are gettin older I guess.
My only concern is that Tennis isn't too friendly on my knees either, as I already feel them aching a bit. :eek:

By the way: Does anyone know the movie Repoman? There's a nice scene, where Emilio Estevez is told the Repo-Code..they pass two Tennis-players, white shirt et al., and say: 'Look at those *******s, ordinary ****ing people. I hate 'em.' A little bit off-topic, though.

Last edited:

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
I don't play myself, but am seriously considering it, as with each passing year it gets harder to gather 10+ people to play a decent soccer-game. People are gettin older I guess.
My only concern is that Tennis isn't to easy on my knees either, as I already feel them aching a bit. :eek:

I understand. It was easy to get even a quick game of five a side going when I lived in England. Not so much back here.

iJohnHenry, thanks for that! :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Tennis is a great game. I played on the team back in high school, but haven't picked up my raquet in quite some time. It would be fun to get back into though.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Yes, indeed. Recently travelled to Mexico for a two week holiday. We're from Britain so regularly play in semi-cold conditions. We unfortunately had the displeasure of booking at game at 11am. Needless to say, we were completely knackered.

Regardless - regular tennis player, good fun :)

(though, clue's in the name ;) )

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I play a few times a month with friends. It's a lot of fun not only playing the actual game but working on your techniques and trying new swings. I'd definitely recommend getting into it.

dakwar

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2010
Volleyball is my preferred game. But yeah I play tennis. Not terribly good at it but not a beginner either.

espiritujo

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
columbia, sc
used to play Varsity high school and competed in state tournaments individually. My highest rank in the state was in the 16 year old division, with a high of 43. Regret that I didn't keep with it during college, I didn't even try to play club :(.

I still like to play every once in a while. Being a college student, I've had a hard time balancing work and play. :cool:

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
I play a few times a month with friends. It's a lot of fun not only playing the actual game but working on your techniques and trying new swings. I'd definitely recommend getting into it.

This is where the wife and I are at the moment. Just working on hitting quality shots and trying to master serving! It's been challenging, but we both have loved it thus far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.