Macrumors Userstyle At Last!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by eyoungren, Apr 24, 2014.

1. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OK, for those of you that listen to my drivel about theming TenFourFox, well I have been wanting a dark userstyle for MR for awhile. There are only two out there at userstyles.org and they aren't dark and the newest one was updated in 2009.

So…I borrowed a global style and managed to work the code so it applies only to Macrumors.

Here ya go!

What I see when I come here…

Attached Files:

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Nicely done! Probably could change out the VB reply/folders/etc to make it even cleaner. :D

3. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL, thanks. One step at a time for me. It was enough to get this to apply just to MR and not globally since it was a global style I modded. And it was just that single line of code. Everything else I left alone - well except for the background image of Audrey Meadows, hehehehehe.

I'd love to do my own custom style from scratch but that's probably going to be awhile!

4. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

This may come across as rude, but why do your devices have Audrey Meadows on it? Do you admire her?

5. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

She's been to the moon!

6. eyoungren, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, I do. And no, it's not rude. No worries.

I came to the Honeymooners late, but I'm a big fan. I also have an appreciation for strong women. Alice Kramden was a strong woman, but Audrey Meadows in and of herself was steel. A very nice person, but not one to cross.

My wife is also a strong woman, so she understands (no jealousy). Of course it helps that Audrey Meadows is long dead, LOL!

If you ever have a chance to read her book, it's a good read. Her nephew William Allen, son of Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows (Audrey's older sister) maintains the marketing of her image. If you ever saw that Geico commercial where the guy in the bathroom was whistling a real awful ringtone and the gecko was commenting on it, that would be William Allen.

7. G4fanboy macrumors regular

Thanks 128keaton. I have been wondering myself same question across months and my english do not let me ask that type of questions politely.

I even though Erik was Meadows family... :p

8. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Oh, no, no, no. no. Just a fan! That's all.

One of my failings when I decide I like something is to go all in. I can't just be happy with a little bit of this or a little bit of that, I have to have the whole thing. :D

So, once I decided I liked the Honeymooners, well…there you go.

9. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Well, thats pretty awesome!