MacRumors: Who do you follow?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Dec 10, 2009.

1. mscriv, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

With following people being all the rage now a day (twitter, facebook, etc.) I thought I would pose a question to our community. Who on MacRumors do you follow? Of course we have buddy lists, ignore lists, and the like, but what I mean is this. Do you have someone on here whose posts you seek out for any particular reason? It could be anything. Maybe you enjoy their sarcasm, maybe their writing style, they post good topics, you agree with their point of view, or it could be that you despise them and seek out their posts simply to have the opportunity to disagree and rail against whatever it is they are saying regardless of topic. So, jump in here and tell us who among our community you enjoy following and why. This is not intended as an opportunity to bash fellow members so be respectful even if you follow someone because you enjoy debating them.

A few that come to mind for me:

Jessica - I enjoy seeing her turn being blunt into an art form
    RedWarrior - so sweet and genuine
    Leekohler - strong opinions, yet open to listening to others (usually) ;)
    Iscariot - I like living dangerously and knowing he could destroy everything at any given moment for any given reason keeps me on my toes
    Abstract - some of the best sarcasm on the forum
    themoonisdown09 - makes me laugh
    Doctor Q - what else needs to be said, he's the one and only... Doctor Q
    thegoldenmackid - no one's faster at getting to post so he can tell people how silly they are for not searching first
    edesignuk - starts some of the best threads ever
    ucfgrad93 - it always seems like his posts are so well thought out and he tries to be helpful to anyone who posts with questions
    dukebound85 - nobody drunk posts better than he does
    All my MR fantasy football partners - you know who you are, you folks are the best, it's too bad I have to whoop you all and take the championship :D

That's all I can think of for now. I know this is probably only interesting to those of us who are regular or semi-regulars around here, but don't be afraid to jump in if you are new.

Thread Updates:
    Post #126 - August 2010
    Post #208 - November 2011 update
    Post #221 - June 2012 update

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hmm- I have too many to list. And I really am a nice guy for real. But I'm also just as loud in person as my posts suggest. I'm not a shy guy. ;)

And Abstract IS sarcastic, but he gave me a nice box of maple cremes when I met him in Toronto. :) Iscariot- well, I think you all know how I feel about him. :)

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

The most kind and helpful person I've met on here was this user with a BULLDOG avatar. I followed him on my old account but forgot his name. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You mean the Dawg?

He hasn't been around lately. :(

Lately, I've been searching out select PRSI posters. They are so out there; they're posts crack me up and make MacRumors cry at the same time.

6. No1451 macrumors 6502

Leek, Skunk, Abstract and sometimes Jessica.

Oh and also Desertrat and our good friend InTheNet:)

7. Surely Guest

Surely

I wouldn't say that I follow anyone in particular, but I do pay a little more attention to the posts of some of the people on the OP's list (and others not on the list), mostly because I'm more familiar with them.

I think that because I am more familiar with them, I feel I can trust their comments more than newbies or other members that I am not familiar with, as they seem to want to maintain a reputation here.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

While I find this marginally creepy, I do follow mscriv.

9. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

iOrlando, I find this kind of sad. In all your time here (65816 status) you haven't connected with another forum member in any way? I think that through our community interaction on these boards we establish relationships. I'm not talking about stalking other members or being awe struck like you would be with some celebrity on twitter, but simply finding something about someone here that you enjoy or identify with which encourages you to look forward to future interaction with them. I think Surely put it well in saying that he/she "pays a little more attention" to some member's posts because he's more "familiar" with them. I would hope there are some people on here that serve this role for you as it's part of what being in a community is all about. :)

Edit:
    Aww shucks GMK! :eek: I'm flattered.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm hurt. You didn't list me. And we're fellow Texans. :(

Crying_Baby.jpg

I follow a number of people (and there are people I DON'T follow..:)). My first was jessica. You never forget your first time. :eek::)

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

12. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

I concur Jessica. You are definitely entertaining. I don't think I've ever really seen someone put someone else in their place quite as respectfully and genuinely as you do. :D

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ When you have nothing to lose it's perfectly easy. :D

14. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

He was extremely helpful and understanding when I had my little trojan issue. Great guy there!

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

A few I follow

Desertrat
    Tomorrow
    Leekholer
    MacDawg when he was around
    Ufcgrad93
    r.j.s.
    cassie
    63dot
    dmr727

16. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    There are few that could give him a run for his money...

17. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

m$$$$$o FTW!!

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And you know how much I loves you, Dukey. ;) But do try to spell my last name right. It shouldn't be that difficult. You see it in most bathrooms. :)

Attached Files:

19. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

...that would explain soooo much.

My short list includes:
    Abstract - one of the first people that stood out to me from the MR rabble. I laugh at his replies more than anyone else's; plus he's polite even when disagreeing. He's a well-travelled, cultured guy.
    Anjinhamarota - obvious. She's the only one of us (one of the only ones) who's got the guts to post her face on a regular basis. Plus, she's a techie which is cool.
    TCD - I love the fact he's never in a bad mood. He's always positive.
    Ok, fine Jessica, dammit. She may be curt at times, but her frank opines are often spot-on.
    iJohnHenry He's actually gotten a bit cool lately. :D
    Angewatt I very much appreciate his willingness to share knowledge of web dev/design, and his friendliness in doing so.
    dmr727 is always friendly.
    mkrishnan is actually pretty cool for a mod, and, nicely, more in evidence than most of the other mods.
    EDIT: forgot iBlue. She's cool. Cool, always nice, and can have a sharp comeback when the case arises.

There's a few others that I look for, simply because of their posts in times past or their knowledge or manner of responding or attitude about things...
    Tomorrow, then that boy-band guy (...Good Rat, or Good Radio, or Sparkles or something) I like his enthusiasm for his music; Skunk often weighs in with some wonderful and beautifully simple and complicated response based on history or latin or something; rdowns has a unique, blatant manner about him; Teh Heilage because he thinks he's not all dat, but Lee says he is, and he says he's not but he's got a good sense of his own style. And hair. :D

20. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Jessica, edesignuk and Abstract.

The 3 people who really make the MacRumors forums entertaining :p

21. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I forgot to mention Steve Perry. I look for him, too.. :D

22. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

None I really follow, but many who have been supremely helpful with issues I've had with Mac. SilentPanda being foremost, too many others that escape my currently alcohol addled brain.

Jessica is always good for a laugh.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Having hung out with mkrishnan several times, I can tell you he's a great guy. Also, he dresses better than anyone I know.

24. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Yeah he seems pretty cool.

I'd throw in that guy with the red faced avatar, but he calls me this weird, oddly flirtatious nickname... :p