MacrumorsLive in the papers

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by pilotError, Jan 8, 2009.

1. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I'm sure you've heard this by now, but the little glitch yesterday made the papers here in NY.

The Metro (free paper) had a writeup over the debacle...

Just remember... Even bad press is good!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, all we need is an influx of noobs saying, 'OMG!!!1, you got pwned1!!1 MACS sux!!!!'

Mods: Stay alert. Stay alive.

4. pilotError thread starter macrumors 68020

pilotError

The metro.us site has archives, but they haven't put today's PDF up yet.

They did give 4chan more exposure than they should have though...

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

It's hilarious how big the article about this is when the much more important one about Russia is given a tiny space.

I guess what they say about Americans not caring about anyone else is true! :rolleyes:

6. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

At some point I realized we were hacked.

For a second I thought Steve Jobs had died and I went onto CNN. When there was nothing there it became obvious the pranksters ruined our live feed. I was waiting to hear about a Mac mini, but got the 17" inch unibody, which I can't afford, instead. But it's a move forward for Apple Inc. The apps were good upgrades.

Main thing, however, is that Steve Jobs is OK. I really don't see him coming back though after these health problems.

He has made Apple so strong as a brand again that the company can stand on its own, no matter who the CEO is. Much of what has been done with Apple for anybody who follows this site and the news, is that SJ has had a very talented team work with him all these years and those people are not going anywhere soon.

Sure, there were early bumps where Apple refused to see the power of the internet and dissed the idea of an eBay type concept but still recovered with iTunes. Sure Apple stayed with the G4 a little too long, but now we are OK with core duo processors powering the bulk of the Macs out there. Whoever takes over, whether it's now or several years from now, will be in a good position because Apple Inc. locked up a good income stream, especially from iTunes, iPod, and iPhone where WE are the Microsoft of those high tech industries. :)

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

We got in the news, yay! :p

Too bad it was for this, though :(

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It's the Metro, what do you expect? It litters city busses and train stations worldwide...

Possibly one of the worst papers my eyes have ever read (yet I read it every morning :eek:).