MacRumours Strava Club

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by niuniu, Jan 20, 2013.

1. niuniu, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Seeing if there's enough interest to start a Strava Club of MR members. The App is very popular now and free so am hopeful there's enough of us to warrant it.

If you've not heard of Strava, it's a Cycling/Running App and website/community. You can check it out here

Won't matter if you're just starting to run or cycle, or if you're a sponsored pro. The Club would have no requirements, just a way to link members to each other for motivation.

Club is up. To join simply click:
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/21323

Good luck :)

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

Too bad it's not for swimming also :(

3. iampaulb macrumors regular

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

I'd join, although I haven't been using Strava much recently. Indoor training doesn't seem worthy of a segment :)

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I think this would work with my Garmin 305. So I would give it a go. I just run though, looking to get a bike this spring.

6. niuniu, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Really nice. I've set the Club up and will bump it every once in a while until it gets busy enough to perpetuate itself :)

Doesn't matter if you don't cycle or just upload manual entries for runs on a treadmill. All welcome!

***Remember to set up your privacy zone if you're going to be uploading GPS of your activities that use your home as a starting point. The option to do that will become available after your first upload (it blanks out an area so people can't work out where you live). ***

http://app.strava.com/clubs/21323