Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demoman

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I wrote a letter to eWeek telling them how my company was integrating Macs into the corporate world. They want to interview me for a future story. Will it happen, who knows?

A little over a year ago, I started replacing thin-clients with Mini's. The price is about the same, all things considered. ALL of these machines run Citrix and the Minis do it more eloquently. The users did not take long to accept, then love them. Recently I have noticed an unusually large number of thin-client 'accidents', which the user's believe the remedy is a replacement with a Mini.

Our next Mac conversion project is to replace file servers with XServers.

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
miniConvert said:
My entire business is going Mac. These short-sighted views will change over time as these people realise that the rest of the world is moving on to the latest and the greatest and they're getting left behind.

My business is all macs, and low-end ones at that (the top two in my sig are the fastest machines we have, we also have two original imacs, a clamshell, and a modded G3 ibook in addition). All of them kick over any PC I've ever owned or run (which is one, which I just sold after owning it for a year).

osxnewbe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
I know a local public transit agency uses macs. The only windows pc's they have in their office right now are to run software is only available for Windows and is required by the federal government. I haven't spoken with their director since Bootcamp came out but I imagine they could go 100% mac right now.

Their director decided to go with macs back in the late 80's because they were easier to use (and still are for the most part).

Also, the office that does a lot of inter-agency training for state government uses macs as well. They are using macs for in-house desktop publishing which totally eliminated the need to outsource those tasks and some presentations. I saw a presentation a few weeks ago given using Keynote and it kicked PowerPoint's a** in quality.

I am looking at buying a business in a few years and if I do, I will probably move all the computers to Macs when the time comes....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.