Macs at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pdwyer, Apr 30, 2008.

1. pdwyer macrumors newbie

So I've narrowed it down to purchasing either an iMac or Macbook, but can't decide. I think I can get a decision made by "feeling up" each one last time. I don't feel like driving 45 min across town to the Apple Store, especially with my 16-month old son in tow. So my questions is do most Best Buys (10 min away) have both available to take a look at? Let me make it clear that I won't be buying from Best Buy though.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

some best buys have a mac section

why not buy from them? they are still covered by apple care just like if you buy from apple store:confused:

3. pdwyer thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not that I have necessarily anything against Best Buy, it's just that I was going to purchase a refurb from the online Apple Store. Didn't mean to slam Best Buy :)

4. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

If Best Buy is 10 minutes away, I would think you could just phone them up and ask if they have Macs to look at...

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

BestBuy has select stores right now that have little Apple kiosks in them. It's basically a table with one MBA, a MBP, a MB, 20" iMac and a 24" iMac. They have an Apple rep present who can help you with anything Apple related.

Most of the BestBuy stores in my area now carry Macs. I bought an Apple Cinema Display there on Friday. I have also purchased my iMac and MBP there.

6. JunBug119 macrumors 6502

The BestBuy by my house (Cerritos) has a little Mac center with the macs mentioned from hexonxonxs post. The store had the low end white macbooks on clearance for $900 last week. I went ahead and bought one using my $200 BestBuy gift certs. :D

7. JoshLV macrumors regular

At my local Best Buy, they have the MBA, MBP 15" and 17", and iMac on display for anyone to play on.

8. gothamm macrumors 6502a

I live in cerritos too. I hate that best buy. They never ever have any sales. surprised you got that good of a deal. Bastards...they know that everyone in cerritos is rich.

9. JunBug119 macrumors 6502

Yeah, that store sucks. And, the employees who "pop" their collars up annoy me. I walked in with purchasing a PSP on my mind but came out with a macbook instead :D I don't know about everyone in Cerritos being rich but I do know if you live in that new housing track next to Whitney High then you are pretty rich.