Mac's built-in camera

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FelixTHeCat, Feb 8, 2008.

1. FelixTHeCat macrumors newbie

Sup guys, i'm having trouble with my MacBook Pro and i was wondering if anyone could help. I wanted to chat with some friends, but for some reason the built-in camera does not work. People and I can only hear sound but no video. I'm not using Instant Messengers, i'm using webcam rooms. Do i have to download software to make it compatible with webcam rooms, suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

Go to photobooth and see if it works on there, if it does, maybe your chat room is incompatible with the built in camera. If not, then maybe your cam's busted or you're just sitting in a REAAAALLLYY dark room.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Make sure there's not some setting with the iSight that you didn't turn on.

4. DocMacPS macrumors newbie

DocMacPS

Mac Webcam Compatibility with Chat Rooms

Felix, you might want to update your Flash Player software from Adobe, alot of web-based chatrooms use the Flash plug-in to do it's thing. Some hook in using Java. You might find using another browser like Firefox may help on some sites. Perhaps post the specific site(s) you're having problems with so others can test it out with their setups would help.

Those of you without a built-in webcam on your Mac: http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/ lists some good UVC compliant USB cams that just work on 10.4.9 and up.

5. iMan G5 macrumors member

If it doesn't work in photobooth do a pram reset.