"Macs" button to menu panel

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Hellhammer, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

So, now that there are so many news about iToys and there are plenty of people who don't care about them, is it possible that there would be a button for Mac news only, just like there is for iPhone. See the pic for the idea (sorry for the quality, it was just a quick photoshop but gives you the idea). Let me now if this has been discussed earlier

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      615.1 KB
      Views:
  2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i think that is a very good idea HellHammer!

would be most welcome on my computer ;)

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Cool idea, I just wonder if it's worth being applied now, depending on when the impending redesign is due to be completed.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Maybe with the redesign, MR will be more 'dynamic' and you'd be able to just click tags to filter topics. In the meantime, a separately maintained 'Mac' page like the 'iPhone' page would suffice.

5. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Well, we obviously don't know (at least I don't :D) when the redesign is coming, or is it even coming any time soon so this would suffice till that happens plus I think this is pretty easy to do compared to redesign.

Has there been any news on redesign and what would it involve?

6. ethical macrumors 68000

I always thought the re-design was several years in the making (if anything has been made at all)....and that the idea had never really turned into anything

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I'd guess it could work in much the same way as Forum Spy does. Hope it's implemented, and you know, the site receives a bit of a make over, it's really starting to look a bit behind the times, I always supported the "People come here for the content, not the appearance" notion, but it hasn't aged very well.

8. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I actually like the current look, at least of the forums anyway. But I'm sure I'll like a redesign after I get used to it.

9. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member