Mac's email program (problem)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NanC1, Jun 23, 2011.

1. NanC1 macrumors newbie

My mac is a year old. I've always used the email program that comes with it.
    My ISP is Comcast. Today, I was unable to send messages. I could receive but not send. I called Comcast and they worked with me for a while but were unable to solve my problem. They told me to call Apple to get it fixed.
    Has anyone ever had this problem? I haven't called Apple yet because I spent so much time on the phone and I was frustrated. So if anyone here can help, I will be so grateful.

NanC

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

sorry not sure if i can help you, but i had the same problem with aol.co.uk and apparently they did block for some reason i dont understand their port for outgoing mails ,from one day to the other
    more fustrating on my side was the telphone support just told me "sorry but we dont support Mac's go to apple and ask them "
    after lots of googling for hours i found the right settings aol did not want to tell me

so try to search in google about other people wo have the same problem "comcast unable to send email" or similar sounding things , does not matter which email program as the settings and outgoing port (basically the incoming port for your outgoing mail at comcast) will be the same

3. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

Can you describe what the problem actually is? Is it coming back with an error. I have Comcast and once in a while I have the same problem. For me, all I do is unplug the modem for a minute or two, than plug it back in. This resets the modem and everything works fine. Also if you have a router, that also could be the cause, you could turn off the router and then turn it back on. The more detail you give about your problem, the easier it is to diagnose.

4. NanC1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses. Today, mysteriously my email program is working just fine. I just wish I knew if it was an Apple issue or Comcast. But it's working and if it happens again at least I will know to just be patient and it will come back.

NanC