Macs in Enterprise: concret problems?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by GuillaumeB, Feb 8, 2008.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Hi all,

I'm doing some research about using a Mac in an Enterprise mostly turned to Windows. I'm trying to collect the main problems that one may encounter such as:
    on OSX:
    - Proprietary software developed by/for the company not running on Max OS X
    - Professional software (Accounting and FInance) not compatible
    - MS Office 2008: no VBA engine = macros problems
    - Peripherals

Now I was wondering if there were problems with Windows on Parallels (VCN, server?)

My point is that natively running WIndows XP with Bootcamp is the safest option "if" the enterprise's other machines have upgraded to XP as well ( and therefore with solid drivers for the company's printers, scanner...)

Thanks a lot

2. bearwise macrumors newbie

I was running Parallels to run Office 2007 (Office 2004 had lots of problesm with attachments for me, and now Exchange server support), an to run VPN's and essentially interact with our network more easily, since all of the access/security functions were windows based. It was ok, a bit slow starting up, some number of blue screen crashes all recoverable (I am using Vista in Parallels). I now have Office 2008 and for my purposes dont use Parallels as much, but I think it's a good way to survive in a windows heavy envvironment.