Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by joe01, Feb 2, 2009.
I was wondering are macs ever used in movies or tv shows etc ?
seinfeld, he always had one in the corner, first he had a se/30, then a powerbook duo, then a twentieth anniversary macintosh
Macs are commonly used in Movies and TV shows. From what I remember in the movie Bedtime Stories, an iMac, BlackBook and 1st gen. iPhones appeared in various scenes throughout the movie.
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)
If you really look they are in most popular tv shows/movies
oh yea, theyre also on every show on nickelodeon
There's a picture thread here..
...to the extent the producers want a snappy computer but don't want to flaunt Apple products so they put a sticker over the logo. LAME!
It's against the larw to show macs on TV.
I've seen Macs in loads of films and TV shows. A few off the top of my head:
- Entourage (all the way through the series, almost like a Mac history)
- The Devil Wears Prada (all Macs in the Runway offices)
- House (seen a MB Pro in a laboratory, House himself has one at home)
- Constantine (Rachel Weisz's character has a PowerBook G4)
- Knocked Up (several Macs throughout)
- I Am Legend (Mac Pros with Cinema Displays, MacBook Pro used by Will Smith)
- The OC (several throughout)
- The Omen (the photographer uses a PowerBook + Cinema Display)
- 24 (I think the good guys use them sometimes, bad guys get Alienwares )
The list could go on forever. It's not so much that Apple pays for product placement - it's more that Apple Macs look the best so they're used more often on TV and film.
I see Macs on TV all the time, I reckon its because they look nicer than PC's.
They could not watch TV, But they could have a 24" Alu iMac.
LOL that's exactly what I was thinking while watching the movie. Owning a computer (particularly in a 5 year old's bedroom) is even worse than owning a TV, especially with the vast possibilities of Internet these days....
Tack on Chuck, 30 Rock, and HIMYM. This topic is interesting only to the extent that we all like Macintosh computers - but they're used so often it's not like finding the needle in the haystack when you see the Apple logo on TV.