Mac's "Mail Client" - organizing folders

Discussion in 'macOS' started by josh6847, Jun 7, 2009.

1. josh6847 macrumors newbie

What is the best plugin/preference/app to use with Mac's Mail Client so that I can organize all my e-mails? I have 3 different e-mails being fed in and all I have available is what is in my inbox and what is sent (for all 3 accounts). I would like to have drafts, filters, etc. (for each account) just like my gmail on the web has.

Am I just overlooking an option?

Thanks in advance.

Josh R.

p.s. I am new to mac and am loving it; just a fews things to pan out still

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First, the unified Inbox is has within it separate Inboxes for each of your accounts. You can see them with a single mouse-click. You may add folders of your own at will to store messages from your friends, work, girlfriend, or from whomever or whichever group you want. You may also create "smart folders." These are virtual folders that may be used to categorize messages based on whichever rules you setup.

3. josh6847 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for getting back. The smart folders was exactly what I was looking for. Regarding folders such as All Mail, Drafts, Sent, Trash, etc., one of my e-mail accounts has this, whereas my gmail and school e-mail accounts do not. It is found at the bottom on the left pane. How do I enable that for the other two email accounts? Does this make sense?

4. beg_ne macrumors 6502

Hmm you should have it for each account. Do you have a disclosure triangle to the left of your Drafts/Sent/Trash etc. folders? Its the small black/grey right pointing triangle.

If you click that it should display that folder for each account.

Attached Files:

5. josh6847 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is a screen shot of my email.

In the bottom is T2L email which is equivalent to your MobileMe (why does your Gmail not have the same thing?

Also, I would like to have drafts (did you add that using smart mailbox)? And one last thing, why does UT Mail not have a sent inbox?

Sorry for all the nit picky stuff...

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

6. DiWilliams macrumors newbie

My General prefs and Signatures have disappeared from my Mail Preferences. Help!

My General preferences and Signatures have disappeared from my Mail Preferences. I dont know how to get them back. When I do to Preferences in Mail all that displays is Rules. Thanks.

7. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

The reason those folders show for some accounts and not others is that those are the IMAP folders on the remote server. They probably don't show on his Gmail account because he has it setup as POP3 email. You can also control which of the folders show up from within Gmail's preferences. It is one of the Gmail Labs settings you can enable called Advanced IMAP Controls. Basically I only used it to keep the Spam folder from showing in Mail.