Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H&Kie

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2004
All USB Apple mice I know will work just fine on a PC. Note that the model you fell in love with is an one-button mouse!

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I don't want to be accused of pushing the kool-aid on you, but if you love one design element of an older apple accessory so much, you may end up enjoying the same things in a mac.

And to prove I'm not a fanboy, buy a wired mighty mouse if you want to fall out of love in a few months. There, I said it.

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
I don't want to be accused of pushing the kool-aid on you, but if you love one design element of an older apple accessory so much, you may end up enjoying the same things in a mac.

And to prove I'm not a fanboy, buy a wired mighty mouse if you want to fall out of love in a few months. There, I said it.

I agree. You should switch to a Mac soon. The interface, the design, is all amazing.

I'm also loving the mouse (Aluminum mouses are cool. ... Well, metal ones) and I"m hoping that Apple will make a revision to the Mighty Mouse line and fix the tracker ball problems soon. :)

shad

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2007
I agree with all of the above, make the switch. But if you ever intend on buying a Mighty Mouse, make sure your purchase at a retailer that will provide you with Apple's 1 Year Limited Warranty, because once that scroll ball stops working, you've pretty much thrown £35/£50 in the bin!

itou

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
that's a legacy mouse... i still kept mine too.
the design is very beautiful. use it on your pc. who cares?

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
I have fallen in love with the imac mouse

( http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/lovemacs_2066_115623694 )

but problem is I have PC....does anyone know where I could find a similar mouse design but for PC? (don't feel like buying mac for the sake of a mouse)

I think I still have one or two of those mice at home. The problem is: They're only nice to look at, but completely suck for everyday use or real work. And I would say the same thing about Apple's Mighty Mouse. While the Mighty Mouse is tolerable for most office work, it completely sucks for gaming or precision work.

And that is the problem with most Apple products: They're designer pieces, and form is more important for Apple than functionality.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
youre going to be in for a world of hurt, Apple has never made a good mouse

also be aware that the mouse has an extremely short cord, its meant to be plugged into the keyboard, its not nearly long enough to be plugged into the back of a computer like normal mice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.