Macs on Sale for Possible Update

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by n0cus, Jul 21, 2012.

1. n0cus, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

n0cus macrumors 6502

2. ivnj macrumors 65816

All these kinda threads really get my hopes up. I don't know for sure but I hope so.

3. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

The people that know are at Apple.

4. xVeinx macrumors 6502

I think the fact that it ends on the 26th is mostly just because the day after is a Friday, when they typically release a new set of deals. It's just the normal cycle. Apple may indeed release both Mountain Lion and some new iMacs or Ma Minis, but it will be more coincidence than anything.

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

6. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry about that.:) It should be fixed now.

7. ivnj macrumors 65816

Interesting. Might just goto frys and get a mini for that 529 dollars.

8. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I wouldn't read much into it. I'm sure Fry's is just seeing a slow down in Mini sales since this hardware is now a year old.... Only Apple knows....

9. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a slow down in iMac sales, too? The second link is for an iMac.

10. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

11. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

You are right, but since they are a year old there should be new technology to replace them, and what better time to put them on sale is when they are about to release new technology. That is what I am thinking.:)

12. Slow Programmer macrumors regular

The regular price of the same iMac at BH Photo is only $1120.44. Frys is still over priced even with the, "sale." BH also has Apple care at half price and a free copy of Parallels 7 or File Maker Bento 4 with purchase.

13. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

I never said it was the cheapest I was simply saying that they lowered their prices.

14. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

So one retailer puts Mac Mini's on sale and suddenly it means a refresh is around the corner? If all of a sudden every retailer was clearancing them out, then I would agree, but just one? No I believe you are letting your want of a new model cloud your judgement.

15. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I was just making a connection. I think you need to stop trolling.

16. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Certainly, we are very close to the update of the iMac and Mac mini. If it does not happen in July, it will certainly happen in August.

17. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for someone that understands my logic.

18. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I'm not trolling, I am engaging in discussion. These are discussion boards are they not? Someone gives you an alternate opinion in which you continue to ignore. The only people you seem to listen to are those that agree with you. Frankly they will be updating the mini, maybe this week, maybe in a month, maybe in the fall, but one retailer having a sale is not a sign of the impending refresh. That's what I have been saying and you continue to think that somehow Fry's has a special connection with Apple and they (and they alone) get to know when a refresh is going to occur.

19. ImpostorOak macrumors member

ImpostorOak

I'd like to buy a Mac Mini soon, so I'm hoping they update them sooner rather than later.

I agree that one retailer dropping prices shouldn't be taken as a sign that the Mini will be refreshed soon. They might just be trying to compete wit Apple's back to school sale. Students buying right now get a student discount and a $100 Mac App Store credit. Fry's wouldn't be very competitive if they just sold the same products at full price.

20. FredT2 macrumors 6502

Taking your logic a different way, could one not surmise that the fact that other retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon have not lowered their prices below their normal discounted price, and that they seem to have plenty of stock on hand, is an indicator that there will not be a refresh soon?

21. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Exactly!

22. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for involving in the discussion. What I am thinking is that Fry 's thinks that there is an update coming soon. I realize that Fry's has no connection to Apple, but Fry's can still make their own sales decision.

23. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Pretty sure I always have been, and thank you for finally admitting that Fry's might just be having a sale since the Mac Mini is now a year old and isn't selling as well now (as people are waiting for refreshes). Just like your post about Refurbs not being in the store. It really means nothing. Stores have Sales, Refurbs go in and out of stock. If suddenly every single Retailer started clearancing their Macs, then we would know. But you never see a retailer clearance their Macs out until the new models come out. Just the way it is in the Mac world...

24. mwhities macrumors 6502a

BestBuy is going out of business, slowly. Can't wait for the prices to drop to liquidate the current inventory. :)

25. n0cus thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, I would like to thank you for increasing my knowledge on how releases work in the Mac world. :)

----------

That is going to be a fun day.:D