Macs on The Apprentice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kockgunner, Jan 3, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I was watching the season premiere of the apprentice today and noticed many macs on the show. There were the new aluminum imacs and there were aklso some apple laptops. The laptops probably weren't macbook pros because they were smaller, but it seems strange that they would use old powerbooks considering they used the new imacs. Maybe they were the ultraportable laptops? Just a random post

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lol no. most likely 15'' mbps

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never seen a Mac on the Apprentice short of the first series where they had to design something. Ironically my dad shouted me down to watch it as it was when I got hooked on Macs. :cool: But it was some ancient G4 tower, or whatever them colourful ones were and looked to be running OS9.

4. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Just about every program or film I see that involves a laptop is more often guaranteed to be a Macbook/ macbook pro :)

5. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I agree with the rest of the posters here:

They were either: PowerBook G4s or MacBook Pros. Nothing to get excited about;)

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

A bit off topic, but did anyone see National Treasure: Book of Secrets? It was like a commercial for Apple. Riley uses a black Macbook throughout the movie and uses an iPod at one point as well.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I noticed more Macs this season, even though I only watched pieces of the show. Maybe they'll do something with Apple later....
    Indeed. It should have been named "National Treasure: MacBook of Secrets".

8. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

i noticed them too. I yelled 'macbook!' to my friends every time it came on. Sometimes they pretended to use it when it wasnt even on lol ( you can tell since the apple sign was not lit up). I Am Legend had some apple cinema displays and a macbook pro too

9. blairwillis macrumors regular

Last week (I think it was last week), "House" had a slew of Macs on a single episode. House was snooping through a patient's email trying to find evidence to help with a diagnosis. Major screen time.

I assume this type of stuff is highly paid product placement. Kudos for Apple, as this is solid subliminal suggestion.