Macs sell themselves

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by lord patton, Aug 27, 2008.

1. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Sometimes these Macs really do just work.

One of my gigs is being a private music instructor. One of my students got a Presonus Firebox and was having a hell of a time getting Cubase LE to work on his Dell laptop (or his HP desktop, for that matter). Finally, he brought the kit into his lesson and asked if he could load the drivers onto my MBP to see if his hardware is at least functional.

I said, sure, but I don't think we need any drivers. 30 seconds later we're tracking in GarageBand and Logic Express. Long story short he ordered a MacBook of his own two days later.

I could go on. A couple years ago at Christmas-time, two of my students got Macs, and two others got some recording equipment for their PCs. The two students with Macs recorded themselves successfully before I could even meet with them. The two with PC software spent between 2 and 5 months figuring out how to get the software installed and registered.

Yeah, Apple has some QA challenges what with their tremendous growth. And they do have issues. But goddamn do they work wonderfully, almost all the time.

But you guys already knew that. :D

2. nixoblivion macrumors newbie